2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum anyone with experience of ordering parts from spareto.com?

12-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #1
aroncole
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i xDrive

Smile anyone with experience of ordering parts from spareto.com?

Hi fellow BMW owners,

While looking for replacement parts for my 2011 535iX, I came across this Estonian parts seller spareto.com. Has anyone here had any experience ordering parts from them? Are they reliable sellers and were the parts of good quality?

Cheers,
Aron
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 07:57 AM   #2
FrannieMoral2017
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 550i GT

I would just use FCPEuro.com
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 02:02 PM   #3
aroncole
Rep

Normally, I would too. In this case, though, the price differential was pretty significant (which made me nervous enough to first enquire about the business). I have gone ahead and placed an order. I paid using Paypal, so I am guessing that if there's any issue, I will have some protection and a process to handle the dispute. Let's see how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 02:18 PM   #4
FrannieMoral2017
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 550i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroncole View Post
Normally, I would too. In this case, though, the price differential was pretty significant (which made me nervous enough to first enquire about the business). I have gone ahead and placed an order. I paid using Paypal, so I am guessing that if there's any issue, I will have some protection and a process to handle the dispute. Let's see how it goes.
Definitely let me know how it goes!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #5
aroncole
Rep

So, you absolutely have got to have nerves of steel, if you order from spareto. When I placed my order (about $150), I did not get any e-mail or text confirmation of the order. I sat tight. For two days. With no ability to track what, if anything, was happening with my order. (I am guessing that if I had created my account before placing the order then maybe they would have associated it to my account and then I could track the order.)

Today, I received a text directly from DHL informing me that my package was on its way. Still, nothing from the seller. :-)

Will post another update once I receive the package next week.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2019, 03:29 PM   #6
aroncole
Rep

Alright, so yesterday I finally received the parts that I ordered. Sent the car in for repair today.

From my experience, it seems that these folks have not invested much in customer experience. Hence, no order confirmation. No communication from the business. You just receive the text alert from the shipping company (DHL in my case). There was no estimate provided for duty/taxes/fees upfront, so I was a little shocked to see that the duty was 39% for New Brunswick. However, the pre-payment to DHL was a smooth process.

Anyway, I hope this review helps some future customer! Cheers.
Appreciate 0