2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK New F10 Owner

01-13-2024, 03:43 AM   #1
redrobbo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 535D M Sport

New F10 Owner

Good morning all ,

First time here , and hoping for a bit of advice.

After 8 happy years of E60 ownership I have now joined F10 owners.

As always is the case when buying pre owned you can never get every box ticked that you would like but I got pretty close.

I have wide screen pro nav but not dab , does any one know if I sourced an original cic unit with dab I can swap over with correct coding ?

I have option 676 hi fi speaker pack which for some may be ok , but after coming from pro-logic dsp it is a bit of a let down - I don't need to go full monty but just looking for something to add a bit more oomph if you know what I mean.

TIA

Last edited by redrobbo; 01-13-2024 at 04:04 AM..
Appreciate 1
John H.230.00
      01-15-2024, 09:22 AM   #2
John H.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i XDrive

Congrats on your recent acquisition! Not certain about the touch-screen conversion. I'm certain someone will chime in on that. I too have the 676 audio. I've replaced the subs with Bavsound. I'm content with all other speakers being stock.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2024, 11:08 AM   #3
redrobbo
Registered
Rep

John thanks for the reply - when you fitted the BAV subs did you change amp or is it happy running these , you probably have got enough for my needs - was it a notable difference ?
I think the dab was lost in translation - dab is uk digital radio , |I think in the US you have sirius ?
atb
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2024, 08:07 PM   #4
John H.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrobbo View Post
John thanks for the reply - when you fitted the BAV subs did you change amp or is it happy running these , you probably have got enough for my needs - was it a notable difference ?
I think the dab was lost in translation - dab is uk digital radio , |I think in the US you have sirius ?
atb
Lol. Dab, digital radio, got it. Yes, Sirius here.

Bass is much more clean.

I've read that the amp definitely improves audio performance. That being said, if going that route, you may consider replacing all of your speakers to better handle increased power.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2024, 02:08 AM   #5
redrobbo
Registered
Rep

An update, thanks for your advice John - I have installed an upgraded set of subs as per your comments. I couldn't easily get Bavsound in the UK so went for some Vibe Optisound which were similar specs but cheaper and easier to source in the UK , this brings a noticeable improvement and I am happy with that.
Appreciate 0