2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications 10th billion Sprint Booster review

12-10-2016, 04:37 PM   #45
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteaccordvtec View Post
hi all,

just bought a sprint booster and i CANNOT get the clips off from the pedal for the life of me

if anyone know how to do that please help, pizza/beer/whatever on me

this is really pissing me off that i cant get one clip out to plug n play this unit

please help! im in OC area
Take a pic of the clip
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 04:46 PM   #46
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
If it was anything like mine look at my first picture where the clip is inserted at an angle. The inside clip I could not depress with my finger. Then look at my second picture to see where pressure is supposed to be applied. You have to get a flat head screw driver that fits perfectly over the press-able part of the clip and press the clip in towards itself. The outside one obviously you could do with your fingers. Study the first and second picture
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 06:44 PM   #47
whiteaccordvtec
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

i'll take a pic of it asap, mine does not look like urs, similar but not identical, would it because mine is a 16' ?

this clip got me up all night thinking about it lol
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 08:56 PM   #48
whiteaccordvtec
Private First Class
Rep

View post on imgur.com

see pictures

okay, i tried again and the plug just wont budge at all, i tried to pull the tabs on each side and pull, still no go

f10 fam, please help
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 07:30 PM   #49
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Never seen that tab. It looks like a slide lock. Can you get more angles on those pics? Also post this in the F30 335 forums. The 335 guys may have the answer for the new clip

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 12:03 AM   #50
whiteaccordvtec
Private First Class
Rep

finally got that plug out, rest took less than 2 minutes to tuck the wires in.

i have to say this is a very impressive mod, red mode+ sport+ =wow
Appreciate 2
GTATX1104.00
      12-14-2016, 09:22 PM   #51
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

i just got a used one off of ebay guy wanted 175 i offered 150 shipped, he took it. its the v2, not the v3 (v3 has more adjustability) but its 1/2 the price, so no complaints...

I'm looking forward to installing it, maybe tonight after wife/kids go to sleep lol
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 11:53 PM   #52
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
finally got that plug out, rest took less than 2 minutes to tuck the wires in.

i have to say this is a very impressive mod, red mode+ sport+ =wow
Glad you got that sorted out. You should put up how remove your kind of clip. And yeah it's worth it. Any car I get now is getting a SB installed.

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 02:04 AM   #53
whiteaccordvtec
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
Glad you got that sorted out. You should put up how remove your kind of clip. And yeah it's worth it. Any car I get now is getting a SB installed.
it was simple as how you unplugged it but the clip on one side "stuck" out much further than what the click holds to unplug, i couldnt see it before because of the lack of lighting, so i used a thinner flat head to hold the clip to open up a bit more and after wiggling for .... about 30 seconds , it came out !

i drove for 80 miles today, kept flipping around the modes and it really made a significant difference with red mode and sport + mode together, but i wouldnt want to stay on that mode for daily driving

i'm loving how easy it is to switch modes around by a push of a button
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 02:07 AM   #54
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
it was simple as how you unplugged it but the clip on one side "stuck" out much further than what the click holds to unplug, i couldnt see it before because of the lack of lighting, so i used a thinner flat head to hold the clip to open up a bit more and after wiggling for .... about 30 seconds , it came out !

i drove for 80 miles today, kept flipping around the modes and it really made a significant difference with red mode and sport + mode together, but i wouldnt want to stay on that mode for daily driving

i'm loving how easy it is to switch modes around by a push of a button
Yeah removes a lot of that "turbo lag" which turned out to be throttle lag this whole time.

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #55
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep

Cant wait to install mine hopefully tomorrow!
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2016, 05:00 PM   #56
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep

So i installed mine, and started car (made sure all connections were secure) and it started to idle really rough and got drivetrain malfunction.

swapped it out put it back to stock and still got check engine light with drivetrain malfunction but it was idling normal.

Just cleared the code and now its working fine. Called SB and left a message going to ring them again next week.

I did however break the plastic wiring harness clip that snaps into place holding the connection snug.

Going to try and find a replacement cable and then swap it out. lets see.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 11:02 AM   #57
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
I broke my clip too. It's still holding very well. Never got an error. Maybe a silly question, but was your car on?

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 11:08 AM   #58
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep

Quote:
I broke my clip too. It's still holding very well. Never got an error. Maybe a silly question, but was your car on?
no it was off, i tried installing the SB twice both times it was completely powered off.

I bought this one used off of ebay. If SB isn't able to do anything then i'll just open a case with ebay.

good news is, i can try it again with another SB and if it throws a check engine light and throws the car into limp mode, then i can simply clear the codes and it will be fine.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 11:09 AM   #59
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep

btw where did u tuck the short SB Cable? did u tuck it inside the throttle pedal?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 12:44 PM   #60
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
btw where did u tuck the short SB Cable? did u tuck it inside the throttle pedal?
Yeah it's sounds more like a faulty SB. The SB is pretty straight forward.

Check out the pics on the initial thread. There a side panel that's held in by 1 screw and then my button is tucked as tightly as possible against the dash
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 02:38 AM   #61
whiteaccordvtec
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah it's sounds more like a faulty SB. The SB is pretty straight forward.

Check out the pics on the initial thread. There a side panel that's held in by 1 screw and then my button is tucked as tightly as possible against the dash
this is exactly where i put mine !

sorry u had that bad experience with the CEL keep us updated! hope everything works out
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 11:13 PM   #62
fsucoy
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535i

Quote:
So i installed mine, and started car (made sure all connections were secure) and it started to idle really rough and got drivetrain malfunction.

swapped it out put it back to stock and still got check engine light with drivetrain malfunction but it was idling normal.

Just cleared the code and now its working fine. Called SB and left a message going to ring them again next week.

I did however break the plastic wiring harness clip that snaps into place holding the connection snug.

If you got a rough idle and check engine light, it's likely that you installed it with the wrong polarity. Same happened to me.

If you look at the stock male plug, you'll see that there is an extra plastic mold on the side that slides into a opposite molded sleeve on the female end of the harness which prevents it from being plugged incorrectly and ensures you have the right polarity. However, unfortunately, the SB does not have that same plastic mold on the plug to ensure that it can only be plugged one way (with correct polarity).

Therefore, there's a 50/50 chance that you may plug it in with the incorrect polarity. Simply unplug the harness, reverse the polarity (e.g. turn the plug upside down from how you previously had it connected), and you should be good to go. If you plugged it in with correct polarity, it should fire up with no discernible difference.

The only difference is the big smile on your face when you feel all of that latent power under your hood released.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 11:12 AM   #63
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsucoy View Post
If you got a rough idle and check engine light, it's likely that you installed it with the wrong polarity. Same happened to me.

If you look at the stock male plug, you'll see that there is an extra plastic mold on the side that slides into a opposite molded sleeve on the female end of the harness which prevents it from being plugged incorrectly and ensures you have the right polarity. However, unfortunately, the SB does not have that same plastic mold on the plug to ensure that it can only be plugged one way (with correct polarity).

Therefore, there's a 50/50 chance that you may plug it in with the incorrect polarity. Simply unplug the harness, reverse the polarity (e.g. turn the plug upside down from how you previously had it connected), and you should be good to go. If you plugged it in with correct polarity, it should fire up with no discernible difference.

The only difference is the big smile on your face when you feel all of that latent power under your hood released.
I'll try that again, however i double checked the connections and make sure it was all tight.

Also it didn't seem like there was any way to plug it in the wrong way, as the pins are offset, so it only plugs in one way.

Last edited by xxpanipuri; 12-19-2016 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 10:33 PM   #64
The_M6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

I've never heard of a Sprint Booster before. So this adjusts the throttle response and the result is it makes the car "feel" sportier but no added HP or TQ? I'm reading all the rave reviews and can't believe I've never heard of this. I've modded 4 Bimmers before my F10...I had no idea!
      12-19-2016, 11:44 PM   #65
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu550 View Post
I've never heard of a Sprint Booster before. So this adjusts the throttle response and the result is it makes the car "feel" sportier but no added HP or TQ? I'm reading all the rave reviews and can't believe I've never heard of this. I've modded 4 Bimmers before my F10...I had no idea!
Yup, it adjusts the butterfly to open faster with very little delay. It gives you full access to your max hp asap and as it builds. FYI it can be coded, but there's no control over that once it's programmed. SB has settings for DD purposes.

Appreciate 1
The_M6248.00
      12-19-2016, 11:52 PM   #66
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:

Found this where someone mentioned you have to make sure the connection is all the way in. Probably lost throttle pedal connection and threw an error. If the throttle connector is clipped all the way in check for bent or missing pins.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186431

Appreciate 0