2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Adding a (front) back-up camera

07-28-2021, 05:01 AM   #1
E90angeleyes
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

Adding a (front) back-up camera

Hello,

I see some cars that don't have a stock back-up camera have an aftermarket one installed. Usually see the little camera placed right above the rear license plate or something. Of course my car does have a back-up camera. However, can I add one of those aftermarket cameras to the front of my car?

Our cars are pretty long. And, being lowered, I am always paranoid about hitting the curb. Sometimes I am parked way too far out. Yes there are front sensors but they do not sense the bottom of the front bumper where I would smash the curb.

If I can do this, how exactly would it work? I see that some come with a screen and some do not. I'd rather not add an additional screen. Can I hook it up to the stock screen? Or is that too complicated and void warranty? Also, I don't know how these things work or are connected. Where could I place it to be discreet? I was thinking right behind the grill? All ideas/suggestions/input are appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0