2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Trump May Drop Out of Race

07-02-2020, 01:11 PM   #155
Littlebear
Major Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Maybe it's region specific then. I thought you meant in general walking down the street or sitting by the beach.

Can Americans be idiotic? Definitely yes. Racism also definitely exists. I believe it comes down to ignorance. Many Americans are unfamiliar with other cultures and think everything different is strange.

Systemic racism is more difficult to believe though.
Again, I have a prob with the word "racism" being used in this context.
Is racism possible against Jews or Muslims? Some groups have had constant prejudices against these peoples since the crusades, the death of Jesus, & earlier. Is this considered "systemic" prejudice or racism?
Certainly when a society has laws to inhibit stuff like voting, land ownership, job training, or customs like no protection by the police, limited abilities to petition the courts, etc, this can be called systemic racism.

Murf
Appreciate 0