2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media BMW F10 2015 535i Aftermarket Headlights to look like G30k like F

03-09-2023, 11:52 PM   #23
550bye
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [5.67]
fonfon22
Have you considered just taking the project on yourself? If it were me, I would be ripping them damn things out and installing my original headlights back in. Atleast before it completely kills your battery and then your in it another $200-300 (if you do it yourself).

Then if you really wanted to install the new headlights back in again then you could try it yourself (the right light install method you spoke of) and find an online coder to help you with coding. I’ve removed my headlight for bumper and splitter installs, not the same as a retro fit but it should be easy enough to reinstall your OEM’s back unless your mechanic hacked everything up.

3 hours after you turn your car off is crazy, that is going to burn up those modules so fast, not saying that the quality is bad but we all know that aftermarket never lasts as long as OEM (or should last anyway). Google Univesity and YouTube College….. it’s worth a shot.
Upgraded 51mm turbos, Heatsync Stage 3 Flash, JB4 stacked, BMS WMI, Arm Charge Pipes, Heatsync Catless DPs, X-Pipe, Res Muffler Delete, xHP Stage 3 Trans Flash, Turbosmart Diverter Valves, 3.5 TMAPs, Oil Cooler, Heatsync Front Mounted Max Cool Intakes, Walbro LPFP and e40 mix rollin on Stance SF07 9x20 w/Toyo Extensa and 10.5x20 w/Toyo R888R.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 01:24 PM   #24
musclesmarinara75
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 N55 535i XDrive

Garage List
2013 535 XDrive  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 550bye View Post
fonfon22
Have you considered just taking the project on yourself? If it were me, I would be ripping them damn things out and installing my original headlights back in. Atleast before it completely kills your battery and then your in it another $200-300 (if you do it yourself).

Then if you really wanted to install the new headlights back in again then you could try it yourself (the right light install method you spoke of) and find an online coder to help you with coding. I’ve removed my headlight for bumper and splitter installs, not the same as a retro fit but it should be easy enough to reinstall your OEM’s back unless your mechanic hacked everything up.

3 hours after you turn your car off is crazy, that is going to burn up those modules so fast, not saying that the quality is bad but we all know that aftermarket never lasts as long as OEM (or should last anyway). Google Univesity and YouTube College….. it’s worth a shot.
I agree, a buddy of mine had a similar problem, just put the old ones back in, they look nice, but them not shutting off when they should is going to without a doubt cause more problems, they look nice, but u gotta chalk this one up to an L kid
      11-10-2023, 10:27 PM   #25
sahab32
Registered
Rep
Drives: 528i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550bye View Post
fonfon22

Dude, let me know if you still have these lights and want to get rid of them. I will take the risk on reasonable price. I am in Mississauga Ontario.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 08:52 PM   #26
BabyGoat
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

fonfon22 r2dmax did either of y'all figure out the coding stuff? I want to order these for mine but I have the adaptive headlights. Fine with losing adaptive functionality but I don't want the running lights always on and a bunch of codes thrown...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 09:02 AM   #27
alimalikkx
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyGoat View Post
fonfon22 r2dmax did either of y'all figure out the coding stuff? I want to order these for mine but I have the adaptive headlights. Fine with losing adaptive functionality but I don't want the running lights always on and a bunch of codes thrown...
Did you get them, I might order as well
Appreciate 0