2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F10/11 520D and/or B47 engine owners - vibration noise

03-07-2023, 04:01 PM   #1
Calps
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4 E86 3.0si Sport

F10/11 520D and/or B47 engine owners - vibration noise

Evening all,

Hoping some among you may have some info on potential issues/things I can check based on what I'm experiencing lately.

2014, F10 520D, auto with B47 engine (~150k miles)

In the past 2 weeks I've noticed a vibration sound when the car is stationary and I put it into gear.

When stationary and I put the gearbox into D, a vibration sound commences from what appears to be the engine bay area. If it returns it to P, it goes away. Doesn't happen in R.

When I pull away it disappears, returning momentarily when the revs pass 1500 rpm (only at this point in the rpm range, not before or after) or when I come to a standstill again.

There is a (very) small pulse through the car when the gearbox is initially put into gear, like the full extent of the drivetrain has been engaged - I think that's has always been there, but mentioning it in case I've normalised it and it's a potential symptom.

If there's any collective knowledge out there on what would be worth checking, or if this sounds similar to what someone has already experienced, I'd welcome your inputs
Appreciate 0