2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Build it right 2015 535i M-Sport

12-29-2020, 10:04 AM   #1
Goboro100
Private
Greece
Rep
Drives: 335d

Build it right 2015 535i M-Sport

Hello, I’m George. Coming from a Stage-4 335d. I had the owner of BRR Tuning build the car for me and Bradly T swapped the turbos. BRR remapped the DDE for Stage-3 Tims turbos and the 335d is dangerously quick.

Anyways I wanted something more modern and a bigger body so I recently bought a 2015 535i M-Sport bc 535d cars were flying off the lots. I wanna run 93 fuel and I would like to make it awesome and fun to drive not a race car. I wanna get a good tune and good fitting parts. Probably keep the car at stage 2 for about a year or so then upgrade the turbos and fueling. For now stage 2 with all the needed supporting mods. After down-pipe can I keep the stock exhaust? Also is there a specific brand that makes good fitting and lasting quality parts? I really like good fitment and quality at a reasonable price. Do I need charge-pipes and intake? (I like to hear the turbos, makes me feel good). I want a good Down-Pipe. Probably change the diverter valve. I wanna stick with good brands let me know that you all have heard and know. I wanna get together a list of stuff to order.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 06:16 PM   #2
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

For stage 2, you'll need (with my brand suggestions in parenthesis):

Charge pipe (ER. VRSF has ass customer service and FTP quality can be pretty hit or miss)

High flow catted DP (ER hands down)

Intercooler (Wagner)

Stage 2 tune (BM3 or MHD)

1 step colder plugs (NGK SILZKBR8D8S (97506) @ 0.022"-0.023" gap)

Maybes:

Boost pipe (FTP)

Lower charge pipe (ER) (Connects intercooler to chargepipe)

Not worth/not yet:

Intake - No real sound improvements, our intake tract is just too long. You'd need to make yourself a custom ram air intake to get any sound

Turbo inlet - Only needed once you go pure stage 2. OEM turbo doesn't flow enough to make the restriction matter (FTP or Pure's)

Not sure:

Diverter valve - Some people say you can feel a difference on stock turbos, some say you only need once you go pure stage 2 (Turbosmart, endorsed by Pure)
Appreciate 0