2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Medicinal Cannabis

01-18-2022, 05:21 PM   #67
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Depends what you're looking for. Also depends on your state most likely lol.

There's some good tinctures (a ton of terrible ones as well) that you can utilize if it's for increasing appetite or for sleep aid for example.

If you're just looking to get high, almost anything will get you there lol.

Edibles also for medicinal purposes tend to go down easier. When you digest cannabis it effects your body differently as opposed to smoking it. Lungs vs liver.
Do you have anything that actually has medical properties, not just euphoric.
Without the "euphoric" you will want something with cbd mixed with the thc. Cbd counteracts the "euphoric" feels associated with thc.

HOWEVER, again, depending on what you need / want it for, some of the "healing" proponents are located within the thc portion.

I'll pop a 1:1 gummy (1:1 ratio of cbd and thc) but I'll need closer to 100mg to get "high". They have 2:1, 5:1, even a 20:1 ration of cbd to thc.

What state are you in?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 05:33 PM   #68
AmuroRay
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Without the "euphoric" you will want something with cbd mixed with the thc. Cbd counteracts the "euphoric" feels associated with thc.

HOWEVER, again, depending on what you need / want it for, some of the "healing" proponents are located within the thc portion.

I'll pop a 1:1 gummy (1:1 ratio of cbd and thc) but I'll need closer to 100mg to get "high". They have 2:1, 5:1, even a 20:1 ration of cbd to thc.

What state are you in?
Florida

Bilstein B14 with Ground control Camber plates and HyperCoil 325F/900R Springs, Ferodo DS2500 Pads
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 05:47 PM   #69
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Quote:

What state are you in?
Florida
You've got medicinal. You've got some fuckery going on in FL with cannabis. Lots of conglomerates own the majority, selling their own products, not carrying competitors etc etc. But these three brands are reputable and focus more so on the healing portions. Canna kids for example, started off by providing tinctures for children who have cancer.

https://www.papaandbarkley.com/

https://cannakids.org/

https://www.cbd.org/ (Care By Design)

Just shoot me a DM if you want to get into specifics and don't want to blast it out on public forums. Good luck though, hope this at least provides some more info for you.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 11:41 PM   #70
markosvaba
Serbia
Rep
Drives: BMW f20

Cannabis is great for sleep. But don't use it every day.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 08:23 PM   #71
TopJimmy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

My doc prescribed Trazodone for sleep but it gave me the spins for a few hours after I woke up. One good vape of medical Indica gives me a solid 8h of rest…no dreams but no nightmares either.
      02-05-2022, 05:01 AM   #72
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

As long as people aren't operating motor vehicles while impaired by marijuana, I have no issues with it. The moment the above stated happens is the moment I have a problem. Otherwise, get high, but don't get high off your own supply. LOL!

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 02-05-2022 at 05:23 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2022, 03:52 AM   #73
Andrew01
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 2015

Taking cannabis strains whenever I am depressed. Normally, Hookah once a week with friends is the best option for me to stay focused and relaxed.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 09:43 AM   #74
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelton57 View Post
Quote:
Present day? Sativa indica hybrid is mostly placebos. In the rush to come up with the quickest growing, less finicky more potent flower, a metric fuck ton of cross breeding has come about.

Vape oils? When the plant goes through extraction process, what made it indica or sativa is evaporated. You're left with terpenes they add to the vape oil. Vapes are 100% placebo. Flowers and pre-rolls are quickly getting to that level too. They market lower thc flower as "sativa" for example. Plus, sativa is a pain to grow. Takes longer than indica. Tack on another month of time.
I'm not really sure about your requirements. But if you wanted some tinctures, there are good ones and there are bad ones as well. If people want to increase appetite, or help sleep deprivation, they use the tinctures respectively. It's true that edibles can be beneficial for medicating purposes, and they do go down easier. When you digest cannabis, it affects your body differently than when you smoke it. Smoking affects your lungs while eating cannabis can affect your liver.
Tinctures are a crapshoot. People are experimenting with different oils as delivery methods. I.E olive oil, coconut oil et all. Some of it doesn't sit well with individuals. 1 out of 10 tinctures are produced properly, the majority are just guessing at formulations and ingredients.

It's not so much that the flower effects the lungs or it effects the liver - it's more so the cannabis gets PROCESSED by your lungs or liver depending on smoking or digesting.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 07:14 AM   #75
allieflaharty
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

I also take cannabis. As long as everything suits me.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 08:49 AM   #76
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

No. But have smoked plenty in my past. I think like any medicine it can be a bridge toward a better life and way of thinking, but careful with dependence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:40 AM   #77
tomlite770
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

I used to think that cannabis was only harmful to health, but then I found out that cbd, which is a great nutritional supplement, is also derived from hemp. This surprised me. If you've never taken a cbd supplement, then I recommend starting with cbd gummies. This is a great option for beginners as it doesn't taste or smell like hemp.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:48 AM   #78
M-technik-3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, E36 M3, 328iT, 335i

Garage List
1995 M3  [0.00]
2007 E91  [0.00]
1988 M3  [0.00]
I tried the CBD in extract form for variety of pain but it never really helped imo. Legal in MA in both rec and med but somebody has probably already mentioned that. I can't stand the smell and don't smoke so that will be out always.
Appreciate 0