2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum 2014 MY Order Guide - Question about Rear Climate

05-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: The M's

2014 MY Order Guide - Question about Rear Climate

On this 2014 MY Order Guide, I don't see anything about rear climate control, does anyone know if it is part of the Luxury Seating Package (ZLS) ?
It is not mentioned like it was on the 2013 Order Guide.

2016 BMW X5 ///M
2016 BMW M4 ///M Convertible

aLatteHotte - www.aLatteHotte.com - The Future of Coffee

Last edited by osxcode; 09-01-2013 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
mikelaca
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

I don't even see the Luxury Rear Seating Package. If thats the case, then BMW just lost a 90K sale. I had budgeted that for a GT but w/o Rear Luxury Seating it's a deal breaker. A shame b/c the new rear seat DVD system was awesome on the new 7 series.

I guess they don't want to offer it b/c they were losing sales that would have gone to the 7 series. However, forcing my hand is NOT the way to open up my wallet. And with the new S-Class, the 7 series looks about 4 years old overnight. Heck, the S-Class seat belt connectors rise 50mm and light up so you can easily insert the rear seat buckles. Wow, thats attention to detail.

Oh well, BMW's steering was going soft anyway.

Hope I'm wrong but if this guide is right, bye bye BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

They do list the rear DVD system in that guide, but if the 4-zone temp control and rear luxury seating are in there, it's hidden...I would not make assumptions, though...I'd ask.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelaca View Post
I don't even see the Luxury Rear Seating Package. If thats the case, then BMW just lost a 90K sale. ..... However, forcing my hand is NOT the way to open up my wallet...
Always makes me smile.

"6er Gran Coupe doesn't have electric boot shut, damn they just lost my 110k sale"

"X3 doesn't offer cloth seats as an option, not even a paid option; how arrogant of BMW to presume all premium car drivers want leather; will take my business to..."

"Cannot believe a 70k car doesn't come with DAB standard, now they've done it, I am off to MB..."

Pretty sure the product planning boffins at BMW have a laugh from time to time.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Well its certainly not a deal breaker for me, but I just wanted some clarification. The new 2014 photos show rear climate but who knows if that is euro market only. I know the 7 has it for standard equipment so I will probably forward my order for the 2014 7 first, then when the configurator comes along for the 2014 GT, I can clarify hopefully with certainty and either order the 550 GT or another 7 at that point.

Quote:
I don't even see the Luxury Rear Seating Package. If thats the case, then BMW just lost a 90K sale. I had budgeted that for a GT but w/o Rear Luxury Seating it's a deal breaker. A shame b/c the new rear seat DVD system was awesome on the new 7 series.

I guess they don't want to offer it b/c they were losing sales that would have gone to the 7 series. However, forcing my hand is NOT the way to open up my wallet. And with the new S-Class, the 7 series looks about 4 years old overnight. Heck, the S-Class seat belt connectors rise 50mm and light up so you can easily insert the rear seat buckles. Wow, thats attention to detail.

Oh well, BMW's steering was going soft anyway.

Hope I'm wrong but if this guide is right, bye bye BMW.

2016 BMW X5 ///M

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i GT

Quote:
I don't even see the Luxury Rear Seating Package. ....
Of course the 2013 has it if you can get an order in. The A7 has 4 seats standard.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #7
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I can't get an order in, there are no more allocations for 2013

2016 BMW X5 ///M

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
mikelaca
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Yes, they do. You are 100% right. The Germans get a laugh and love British quislings who just take whats offered and apologize reflexively for boffins they know nothing about.

Comparing an $3000 option with memory seats, heated seats, cooled seats, fixed console, adjustable headrests and different seat bolstering and design to a trunk close button, or some euro-lame DAB radio makes me smile too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands View Post
Always makes me smile.

"6er Gran Coupe doesn't have electric boot shut, damn they just lost my 110k sale"

"X3 doesn't offer cloth seats as an option, not even a paid option; how arrogant of BMW to presume all premium car drivers want leather; will take my business to..."

"Cannot believe a 70k car doesn't come with DAB standard, now they've done it, I am off to MB..."

Pretty sure the product planning boffins at BMW have a laugh from time to time.

Last edited by mikelaca; 05-26-2013 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #9
thanawiwat
Registered
Rep
Drives: 520d gt

Do you know what is the color name for this new 5GT ? the one that are on promoted

It seem like space grey color . or sophisto grey . But a little softer .
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #10
ErnestHouse
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i GT

Sophisto Grey can be seen on the 7-series as that is one of the colors available in 2013. That color is much darker than what is shown in the BMW video. The car in the video looks like Space Grey but it's hard to believe BMW would use that old color when they announced a new color: Callisto Grey

From the 2014 visualizer, Callisto grey is a little darker than space grey:
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...med/index.html
Appreciate 0