2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding F10 2014 Bluetooth audio and idrive assistance.

08-17-2018, 06:49 AM   #1
MavUK
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10 2014 M Sport

F10 2014 Bluetooth audio and idrive assistance.

Hi there folks,

Just just picked myself up a 2014 F10 m sport and one of the features I was told the car had was the ability to play audio via Bluetooth from my android device.

I've read many posts and watched many videos and can't get it to work, my issue is I don't appear to have the setting showing on my menu display within the Bluetooth submenu.

I have the pro nav? Or Business nav? Setup with connected drive and the large display.

When I access the Bluetooth device via options I only have Telephone 1 that can be selected or even shows.
The phone connects and voice commands work fine for calls but no audio. When on a call via the cars Bluetooth if I start to play music via Spotify I hear the song over my car's speakers but as soon as I hang up the songs stop playing.
I connected my phone to the usb in the arm rest and it simply says not connected (even though the device is charging from the usb port) other phones have been tested and although these show up in the usb option no music plays via car speakers and it shows 0/0 tracks.

I've resorted to using aux cable for now but would like help getting this sorted if anyone has the answer?

Secondly I tried to access the idrive menu but it is greyed out and doesn't allow any interaction is this normal? Should I be able to go into that menu?

Sorry if these have been asked before I couldn't find anything exactly as I'm looking at in other posts.

Let me know if any other info is required please.

Cheers.

R
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 06:12 PM   #2
pcp1234
Private
Rep
Drives: G03

1. have you got office menu in idrive ?
2. in media does it show bluetooth connection as option or just aux and usb ?

https://www.instagram.com/bimmer_werks86/
Appreciate 0