2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding 528i 4cyl reading as a 530i 6cyl. HELP!

08-27-2018, 12:34 AM   #1
Itsabana
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d M sport

528i 4cyl reading as a 530i 6cyl. HELP!

Good evening all,

I have a 2012 bmw 528i that after reading in esys and changing the values in HU_CIC for dvd playback while driving went nuts. The unit after restarting says warning tones disabled. I tired to reset the module to stock via the code option and it changed the language to german i believe but the error is gone and the radio play.. when i code the fdl it goes back to english but the audio is gone again.

Along with this the unit no longer plays cds or dvd and when i look in the FA i see it is reading the car as a 3000cc 6cyl when in actuality the car has in a 4cyl 2000cc..

I am hoping someone can help me as i am super worried.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 09:12 AM   #2
Itsabana
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsabana View Post
Good evening all,

I have a 2012 bmw 528i that after reading in esys and changing the values in HU_CIC for dvd playback while driving went nuts. The unit after restarting says warning tones disabled. I tired to reset the module to stock via the code option and it changed the language to german i believe but the error is gone and the radio play.. when i code the fdl it goes back to english but the audio is gone again.

Along with this the unit no longer plays cds or dvd and when i look in the FA i see it is reading the car as a 3000cc 6cyl when in actuality the car has in a 4cyl 2000cc..

I am hoping someone can help me as i am super worried.
HELP PLEASE!!
Appreciate 0