2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Idrive Black screen no power

12-29-2022, 11:17 PM   #1
Chrishino031
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i 2013

Idrive Black screen no power

Hey guys so I had installed a updated screen into my F10 from the base model small screen, it was running good for about 6/7 months but recently I had to swap out the old screen back as my Bluetooth wasn’t connecting, I connected my old screen it turned on I fixed my Bluetooth but as I was connecting things back together I realized the screen isn’t turning on anymore, nor is the unit turning on, also the chime and radio doesn’t work from steering wheel, any idea? I rechecked cables but cabling seems fine, could it be a fuse? Or a dead unit? It was JUST fine but when I plugged in the new screen it seems to be blank, I went and put in the old one, same result, blank
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 11:45 PM   #2
Jmanning1991
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

same issue! Android unit was great and then one day it quit,, went to check the fuse and it was blown on the unit.. when I went to change the fuse it was still powered and and it popped another fuse for the cigarette lighter and I swapped it out but now I still don't have power to my radio... Something must have shorted out between the FCM and the head unit, for the first fuse to pop..
also my heads up display and stuff like that and backup cam doesn't work either. Annoying to not have backup camera and the screen not working, if you come up with this solution please let me know
Appreciate 0