2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Carplay now restricting lists lengths while driving, can i code this out?

11-13-2020, 11:09 AM   #1
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Carplay now restricting lists lengths while driving, can i code this out?

Having recently retrofitted NBTEvo in my M6, i noticed that carplay is not showing lists longer than 10 items when driving, as soon as you stop it loads the whole list again.

I don't know if this is an IOS 14 issue or if it's a change in NBT coding, but does anyone know that and know if there is a way to code out that setting? IT's really annoying to not see all my podcasts or songs when i'm driving!

Can anyone also verify this, anyone running ios 13 still, and has a relatively recently EVO ID6 setup, please tell me if this is the case? Easily tested in spotify with a list of songs

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Almost certain it's a carplay thing. Discouraging distracted driving and all that.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 03:41 PM   #3
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

I’ve done 2 tests to try to test that idea. One is using my wife’s phone which she never updates so is running iOS 13 still. It still does the same thing in CarPlay.

Secondly I got CarPlay on the screen on a long list and highlighted item 20. Then I got out the car with the phone and ran fast to simulate driving yet the CarPlay did nothing, so it doesn’t appear to be tracking phone movement itself.

Both of which imply it’s the car doing the check?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 05:11 PM   #4
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

From Apple themselves:

Intelligently filter content when the vehicle is moving. Certain cars may cause CarPlay to truncate lists of content when the vehicle is in motion or has exceeded a certain speed. Consider displaying a curated set of essential information and options when this mode becomes active.

This pretty much confirms it’s the car that tells CarPlay to truncate the list, it just be something introduced in recent software levels for NBT EVO.

Now who can find the code to disable it! I’ve coded VIM and set the speedlock flags to not active where necessary. No Change
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2023, 12:51 PM   #5
Moycmika
Rep
Drives: F54 Clubman

Hello, I have the same "problem" impossible to scroll through my playlist... has a solution been found? Thank you.
Appreciate 0