2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media What did you do to your 5 series today?

07-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #1409
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialmountain View Post
lsturbointeg

The vehicle scan sounds like performing an update to your DME and I-Drive. I would only do this if I was having an issue or your flash tune needed a newer version.

A scan to see if there are any codes should be included in their normal inspection.

This is how I would handle it:

Do the brake flush and trans flush/filter replacement at a BMW indy just because it is messy and a lot easier on a lift.
Rear diff change is a drain and fill and could be done a lot cheaper yourself. Cabin filter is also very easy.
I would not do the fuel injection service unless there is a reason to (misfire, other issues). If there is no reason, this is a service mechanics like to up charge for but is not really needed IMO.
regarding the fuel injection service he said he said "99k miles, oh you definitely have carbon build up which than will cost more cause we will than need to blast (similar to walnut blasting) your intake manifold if you don't get the fuel injection service done now.

as far as the scan he did not mention anything about updates and what not...only to scan to make sure the vehicle is running optimal. he said it doesn't include clearing any codes like my seat belt calibration that's currently on.
any thoughts on that?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 04:09 PM   #1410
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
regarding the fuel injection service he said he said "99k miles, oh you definitely have carbon build up which than will cost more cause we will than need to blast (similar to walnut blasting) your intake manifold if you don't get the fuel injection service done now.

any thoughts on that?
Well.... Since the injectors don't spray fuel on the back of the valve like port-injection, all the injection service will do is clean the injectors. A couple of bottles of something like Techron will do that. I would ask him how the injection service cleans the carbon buildup. Don't let on that you know the difference between port and direct injection until he tries to tell you the injector service will clean the valves. Then you've got him!
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2019, 04:13 PM   #1411
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Well.... Since the injectors don't spray fuel on the back of the valve like port-injection, all the injection service will do is clean the injectors. A couple of bottles of something like Techron will do that. I would ask him how the injection service cleans the carbon buildup. Don't let on that you know the difference between port and direct injection until he tries to tell you the injector service will clean the valves. Then you've got him!
makes sense. i'll have to research more on the injection service. he didn't seem like he was trying to con me but was just letting me know the maintenance that's due or overdue. curious to what kind of fuel injection bottles I can go with? or if anyone has done this with their BMW?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 10:27 PM   #1412
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
makes sense. i'll have to research more on the injection service. he didn't seem like he was trying to con me but was just letting me know the maintenance that's due or overdue. curious to what kind of fuel injection bottles I can go with? or if anyone has done this with their BMW?
I throw in a bottle of Techron or Lucas fuel system treatment/injector cleaner every once in a while.
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2019, 01:07 AM   #1413
BMW535iva
Major
Rep
Drives: M5

https://products.liqui-moly.us/addit...n-cleaner.html
https://products.liqui-moly.us/addit...lve-clean.html

Get 3 bottles of each use alternatively

Do the Brake Flush there.
Did he mention what i-step Level your car Software is currently at?
and would updating it be included in the scan?
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2019, 08:17 AM   #1414
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW535iva View Post

I'll check out those links thanks! He does not mention anything about what istep my car is nor did he mention that as part of the scan.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 09:34 PM   #1415
AWe90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 --> F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Romie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWe90 View Post
CF

Great fit, can you provide a link to where you purchased
OEM
      07-18-2019, 07:05 PM   #1416
jonobro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 535i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trialmountain View Post
lsturbointeg

The vehicle scan sounds like performing an update to your DME and I-Drive. I would only do this if I was having an issue or your flash tune needed a newer version.

A scan to see if there are any codes should be included in their normal inspection.

This is how I would handle it:

Do the brake flush and trans flush/filter replacement at a BMW indy just because it is messy and a lot easier on a lift.
Rear diff change is a drain and fill and could be done a lot cheaper yourself. Cabin filter is also very easy.
I would not do the fuel injection service unless there is a reason to (misfire, other issues). If there is no reason, this is a service mechanics like to up charge for but is not really needed IMO.

as far as the scan he did not mention anything about updates and what not...only to scan to make sure the vehicle is running optimal. he said it doesn't include clearing any codes like my seat belt calibration that's currently on.
any thoughts on that?
Got some door speakers for the aesthetics hahah
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #1417
jonobro
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Got speaker covers for the aesthetics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 07:21 PM   #1418
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Purchased BimmerCode and the adapter and did some coding. With BimmerCode coding was easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy!
Appreciate 1
BurrNinja427.50
      07-19-2019, 05:41 PM   #1419
BurrNinja
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Bluestone Metallic

Garage List
Quote:
Purchased BimmerCode and the adapter and did some coding. With BimmerCode coding was easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy!
I love that app just more convinence with coding, no luck on tpms displaying each tire psi even though I have correct tpms from factory.
      07-19-2019, 05:42 PM   #1420
BurrNinja
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW535iva View Post

I'll check out those links thanks! He does not mention anything about what istep my car is nor did he mention that as part of the scan.
If you're looking for fuel cleaner, I've used both seafoam and techron. Both are great products also.
      07-19-2019, 05:43 PM   #1421
jonobro
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I throw in a bottle of Techron or Lucas fuel system treatment/injector cleaner every once in a while.
When on empty ? Or while you have gas inside
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 05:54 PM   #1422
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrNinja View Post
If you're looking for fuel cleaner, I've used both seafoam and techron. Both are great products also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonobro View Post
watched a YouTube review on the techron and results were okay. only heard great things about seafoam. do you use the entire can of seafoam in a full tank of gas? I've heard you're suppose to put it in when the car is almost empty than fill it up after you put the cleaner in?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 09:21 PM   #1423
BurrNinja
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonobro View Post
watched a YouTube review on the techron and results were okay. only heard great things about seafoam. do you use the entire can of seafoam in a full tank of gas? I've heard you're suppose to put it in when the car is almost empty than fill it up after you put the cleaner in?
Yeah I put it in on 1/4th then fill up. Full can.
      07-19-2019, 10:09 PM   #1424
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I put it in on 1/4th then fill up. Full can.
cool! what's the status on your wheels
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 11:38 PM   #1425
BurrNinja
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
cool! what's the status on your wheels
As of now, have more important things to do gotta get cv boots replaced, updating dme for trans and whatever else is needed. SOOOO I mean status would be quicker if that stuff didn't need done HAHA. Currently on hold for the wheels sadly. Makes me not wanna show my car till I get decent stuff done.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 01:10 AM   #1426
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I love that app just more convinence with coding, no luck on tpms displaying each tire psi even though I have correct tpms from factory.
I had that problem on our 2012. I bought new TPMS sensors, which fixed the issue.
Appreciate 1
BurrNinja427.50
      07-21-2019, 11:07 AM   #1427
jayster0966
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

waiting for tech inspection during test & tune[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
r2dmax58.00
Ickdeep5706.00
      07-22-2019, 08:31 AM   #1428
r2dmax
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci; F10 535i M Sport

Quote:
Are you saying to use a full bottle of Seafoam? If so, what size? I normally use Lucas Oils but I've read that Seafoam is supposed to be better
      07-22-2019, 09:01 AM   #1429
BurrNinja
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2dmax View Post
Quote:
Are you saying to use a full bottle of Seafoam? If so, what size? I normally use Lucas Oils but I've read that Seafoam is supposed to be better
Just typical on the shelf at Walmart. Full bottle yes.
      07-31-2019, 05:01 AM   #1430
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

just placed my order!

Appreciate 0