2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Questions about USB port and Streaming

11-10-2018, 12:39 AM   #1
DMV535
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 x5

Questions about USB port and Streaming

I'm aware that my car (build date 2010-07-14) does not have a combox, which means I have bluetooth for calls, but not for audio. I have an iPhone X that I've been trying to connect via USB port, with no luck. It tells me the device is not supported, and the BMW Assist person told me I needed to have something update that would have cost a lot and yada yada ya...

Here I am now. I have these options in my build, but need a bit of help deciphering then and seeing If later on down the line I'll be able to eventually add bluetooth, before I give up and just purchase another avin use like I did for my 07 x5 that I just got rid of. Is there a software update or some sort that might fix the issue I'm having, or would I have to go another route? Options are as follows:

S322A 
Comfort access
S522A 
Xenon Light
S524A 
Adaptive Headlights
S609A 
Navigation system Professional
S615A 
Expanded BMW Online Information
S620A 
Voice control
S639A 
Preparation f mobile phone cpl. USA/CDN
S645A 
BMW US Radio
S655A 
Satellite tuner
S677A 
HiFi System Professional DSP
S697A 
Area-Code 1 for DVD
S6AAA 
BMW TeleServices
S6ABA 
Control for Teleservices
S6FLA 
USB/Audio interface
S6UHA 
Traffic Information
S823A 

S8S4A 
Decoding variable light distribution
S8SCA 
Telematics access request,country-spec.

What can I do to enable the USB to work with my phone, and will I be able to eventually enable bluetooth?
I included the S8S4A in this list because I am also interested in having High Beam assist.

Any help would be appreciated! Pics included of my new baby ��

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 12:04 PM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

I would go check the coding section. They should be able to help if all you need is coding.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 01:16 PM   #3
OrcaPod
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW F10 528i N52 engine

I have 2011 528i build date 07/2010, No combo box and exactly same connectivity options as on your car.

I couldn't find any info if software update will do anything .
BMW software update website https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html displayed the following message for my VIN:
To perform the software update via USB stick, you will require the USB audio interface (included in optional equipment codes SA 6FL, SA 6NH, SA 6NK, SA 6NL, SA 6NS, SA 6AE, SA 6NR) as well as the Control Display and iDrive. This offer is only available for selected vehicles manufactured after March 2010. Your vehicle can be updated provided that you have the ‘Software update’ option on your ‘Settings’ menu in the Control Display.

So i'm out of luck as i dont' have ‘Software update’ option on your ‘Settings’ menu in the Control Display. So I can't even do software update without bmw involvement.

I'm mostly using USB flash drive to play music and also purchased the following BT adapter to use with my samsung galaxy s8: ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000B Bluetooth Adapter

Probably music quality is not the greatest but when I play music on my phone through it, the system switches automatically to cars integrated Telephone BT when I place a call or receive call on my phone.

when using this BT adater I only have PREV/NEXT song displayed in iDRIVE (no song titles displayed) so I cant select songs by title.
you may want to check another model specific for IPHONE. I think they have another BT adapter specific for Ios

Check youtube for videos on ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000B Bluetooth Adapter and also for model specific to Iphone version. they will give you idea on how this BT adapter works
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2018, 04:45 PM   #4
DMV535
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaPod View Post
I have 2011 528i build date 07/2010, No combo box and exactly same connectivity options as on your car.

I couldn't find any info if software update will do anything .
BMW software update website https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html displayed the following message for my VIN:
To perform the software update via USB stick, you will require the USB audio interface (included in optional equipment codes SA 6FL, SA 6NH, SA 6NK, SA 6NL, SA 6NS, SA 6AE, SA 6NR) as well as the Control Display and iDrive. This offer is only available for selected vehicles manufactured after March 2010. Your vehicle can be updated provided that you have the ‘Software update’ option on your ‘Settings’ menu in the Control Display.

So i'm out of luck as i dont' have ‘Software update’ option on your ‘Settings’ menu in the Control Display. So I can't even do software update without bmw involvement.

I'm mostly using USB flash drive to play music and also purchased the following BT adapter to use with my samsung galaxy s8: ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000B Bluetooth Adapter

Probably music quality is not the greatest but when I play music on my phone through it, the system switches automatically to cars integrated Telephone BT when I place a call or receive call on my phone.

when using this BT adater I only have PREV/NEXT song displayed in iDRIVE (no song titles displayed) so I cant select songs by title.
you may want to check another model specific for IPHONE. I think they have another BT adapter specific for Ios

Check youtube for videos on ViseeO Tune2Air WMA3000B Bluetooth Adapter and also for model specific to Iphone version. they will give you idea on how this BT adapter works

So, what I did was bought this from Amazon and it works very nicely. It lets me select from my songs through iDrive and even change them through the scroller wheel on the dash. It's about 90.00 but it's very worth it. The audio quality is way better than when using aux, and it auto connects everytime I get in the car and switches over when I get a phone call. Here's the link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 03:55 AM   #5
Kwame528i
Rep
Drives: 2008 528i

just brought the same thing
Appreciate 0