2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 535i F10 steering rack cables

10-04-2019, 09:34 AM   #1
WBecher
Rep
Drives: 318ti 94, 320GT 13, 535i 10

535i F10 steering rack cables

Hi guys.
Does anyone here own a 535i F10 (year 2010) with power steering that can take and send me pictures of the data cable and connectors that reach the power steering box?
I explain: The handle of mine grabbed something on the road and was torn off, carrying the black engine cover of the box. I already bought a new box but I can't get the data cable. It is a cable with a 6-pin connector but only 3 are used. I need to know exactly which pins of this connector are used and the order of the cables. Or someone who knows the code of this cable because it is able to replace it.
Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 07:30 PM   #2
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

post picture where is this located I don't know what you talking about
I have 550 with power steering I might be able to help
      10-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Have you tried using the online TIS website? It should be able to give the pin-out of the wiring connector. You can click the link below and type in the last 7 digits of your VIN and then type a key word or phrase (like "power steering box") into the search box to get some results to select through...or you can go directly to the wiring diagram and try to find it on your own: www.newtis.info

Some tips if you're unfamiliar with the site:
  • SSP = wiring diagrams (that are interactive...you can scroll left/right/up/down...increase/decrease the size of the wiring diagram...and the blue lettering = clickable links that will give more details/info
  • PIB = pin-out information
  • FUB = descriptive functional operation
  • REP = repair instructions

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 11:15 AM   #4
WBecher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
post picture where is this located I don't know what you talking about
I have 550 with power steering I might be able to help

Not the power cable. The other one. He stands behind in this picture.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #5
WBecher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Have you tried using the online TIS website? It should be able to give the pin-out of the wiring connector. You can click the link below and type in the last 7 digits of your VIN and then type a key word or phrase (like "power steering box") into the search box to get some results to select through...or you can go directly to the wiring diagram and try to find it on your own: www.newtis.info

• SSP = wiring diagrams (that are interactive...you can scroll left/right/up/down...increase/decrease the size of the wiring diagram...and the blue lettering = clickable links that will give more details/info
Great site but it seemed kind of generic. I am still looking for the information on wire color and pinout. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #6
WBecher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post

I FOUND IT!!!

Thank you, this site had everything.
Appreciate 1