2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions Door lock

02-12-2021, 04:42 PM   #1
renis
Registered
Rep
Drives: F11

Door lock

Hey, I got 2016 f11 everything is fantastic with this car, but problems has ocured as winter started.. 😭.
I am looking for help about anoying problem. In the morning I come to my car and driver doors opens normaly but will not latch.. It latches only when car is heated for about 30min. Otherwise I can close door when holding and pulling it towards me and pushing lock button. But then it will not open... Only when it heats up it will open.
The door locks and unlocks normaly with remote or with a button in the dash. But it will not unlatch door. This happens only with driver side door and when it is bellow -1.5 celcius.
I changed door actuator but it happened again. I have had problems with door handle car would lock and unlock it self , but winter came and problem gone.
So should I go to dealer to take a look ? Or is there any fusethat I can check.
And strange thing is that if i leave car from passenger side, lock the car and go somewhere for couple of hours and come back driver side door will open 😅 it will open even if it is -20 but will not latch.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 09:39 AM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
I have seen some videos on youtube discussing weird problems similar to this with soft close doors.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0