2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board I've often wondered __________
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #111
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
11429
Rep
23,147
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Power corrupts. Cant maintain power unless people believe you know how to run their lives better than they can themselves.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh9529.50
      06-14-2021, 10:26 PM   #112
evil-G-nius
Broke A$$ Super Hero
evil-G-nius's Avatar
United_States
779
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: Infiniti G37 S Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Bay Area California

iTrader: (0)

I've often wondered...

why we say "Happy Memorial Day" considering what the day is supposed to recognize.

why hot dogs are in packs of 10 but the buns are only packs of 8

how you get the nickname Billy from William & Dick from Richard

who the hell thought it was a good idea to eat an onion even after it burned the shit out of their eyes

how the hell French food became the benchmark for the culinary world. I mean snails, frogs and aspic are not the most apetizing things on face value. LoL
Appreciate 1
M5Rick13595.50
      06-15-2021, 09:26 AM   #113
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
11123
Rep
1,800
Posts

Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
I've often wondered...

why we say "Happy Memorial Day" considering what the day is supposed to recognize.

why hot dogs are in packs of 10 but the buns are only packs of 8

how you get the nickname Billy from William & Dick from Richard

who the hell thought it was a good idea to eat an onion even after it burned the shit out of their eyes

how the hell French food became the benchmark for the culinary world. I mean snails, frogs and aspic are not the most apetizing things on face value. LoL
Worked at a car lot with a guy named Richard. He told everyone to "Call me Dick for short." I heard it all day long. I finally got to where I just called him "Dick for short." It stuck. He hated it. Not nearly as bad as we hated hearing him say it a million times a day. He got really upset when we started paging him over the intercom as "Dick for short." He eventually went on to just tell everyone his name was Dick, rather than leading with Richard. Seriously, who does that. "Hi, my name is Jody. Just call me Big Rick McGhee for short."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
We're Americans. Leave your logic and science witchcraft out of this! Jesus and guns are all we need.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go6764.00
      06-15-2021, 09:31 AM   #114
Littlebear
Janitor
Littlebear's Avatar
United_States
2425
Rep
1,539
Posts

Drives: 2017 330i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Brklyn. Got a problem wit dat?

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Worked at a car lot with a guy named Richard. He told everyone to "Call me Dick for short." ....
When I was a starting lifeguard, the head guy was from a large Irish family with 5 boys, him being the youngest, last name Dickey.

We called him 'the littlest Dickey'.
__________________
"The Indian smiles, he thinks that the cowboy is his friend. The cowboy smiles, he is glad the Indian is fooled. Now he can exploit him" Gof4
"Redwoods talk to me. Say it plainly The human name Doesn't mean shit to a tree" J.A.
"Are we not pins? We are DEVO" Devo
Appreciate 1
King Rudi11123.00
      06-15-2021, 09:37 AM   #115
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
11123
Rep
1,800
Posts

Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
When I was a starting lifeguard, the head guy was from a large Irish family with 5 boys, him being the youngest, last name Dickey.

We called him 'the littlest Dickey'.
Hulu...Letterkenny....Episode Exposed Dyks. Must watch! You'll thank me later.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
We're Americans. Leave your logic and science witchcraft out of this! Jesus and guns are all we need.
Appreciate 2
Littlebear2425.00
ramman434458.00
      06-15-2021, 02:15 PM   #116
iminhell1
C2H5OH
iminhell1's Avatar
United_States
2023
Rep
1,971
Posts

Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Darwin, MN

iTrader: (1)

https://mcbroken.com/
__________________
FBO (RB EVO inlets, Phoenix Racing 7.5" race, CP-e relocate / Tial, 1320 DP's, Berk mids, Custom E tune, XHP Stg III)
11.480 @ 121, 3,600#
2020/1: Speedtech, PTE BB 6766, 7.5"race, VTT DBBL, 2x450's, Berk mids, E85
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 02:49 PM   #117
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
11123
Rep
1,800
Posts

Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
Not that I go to McDonalds, much less eat their ice cream, but I often hear people complain about this. Pretty funny.

I know that when I used to eat at McDonalds, if you ordered one of their strawberry and cream pies, they acted as is you just asked for the Ajanti Dagger.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
We're Americans. Leave your logic and science witchcraft out of this! Jesus and guns are all we need.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 03:08 PM   #118
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
458
Rep
435
Posts

Drives: '16 F10 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Hulu...Letterkenny....Episode Exposed Dyks. Must watch! You'll thank me later.
Easily my favorite episode (My name is Richard, so I answer to it all...Dick, Rich, Rick). I sent it to at least 8 people to watch
__________________
'98 Cobalt Green Pearl Nissan 240sx SE -manual swap, Fortune Auto Coilovers, Blitz Nur Spec R catback, CF hood w/flush mounted pins SOLD
'07 Montego Blue E92 BMW 335i - 6spd. Weiss Licht Angel Eyes, AFE DCI, Vishnu 3.5 - SOLD
'16 Carbon Black Metallic F10 BMW 535i M-Sport - eBay Special Strut Bar, CF M4 Mirror caps, - more mods soon??
Appreciate 1
King Rudi11123.00
      06-15-2021, 03:51 PM   #119
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
11123
Rep
1,800
Posts

Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman434 View Post
Easily my favorite episode (My name is Richard, so I answer to it all...Dick, Rich, Rick). I sent it to at least 8 people to watch
Imo, the only episode that comes close to this one is Talent Show.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
We're Americans. Leave your logic and science witchcraft out of this! Jesus and guns are all we need.
Appreciate 1
ramman434458.00
      06-15-2021, 05:08 PM   #120
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
11429
Rep
23,147
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

If you choke a smurf what color does it turn?
If tomatoes are a fruit isn't ketchup a smoothie?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi11123.00
      06-15-2021, 05:09 PM   #121
fiveohwblow
Major
fiveohwblow's Avatar
United_States
2127
Rep
1,047
Posts

Drives: E70, E46 M3, F82
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Desert SW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
If you choke a smurf what color does it turn?
Blurple
Appreciate 1
King Rudi11123.00
      06-15-2021, 05:14 PM   #122
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
11429
Rep
23,147
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

If life is unfair to everyone doesn't that make it fair?
Appreciate 3
King Rudi11123.00
Littlebear2425.00
      06-15-2021, 07:17 PM   #123
LemansE90335xi
Captain
LemansE90335xi's Avatar
Canada
4637
Rep
775
Posts

Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Nova Scotia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'd like to know who was the first person who decided to eat a crab. It's just a large spider that lives underwater.
I've always said that about the first guy that looked at a lobster and said, " Boy, that looks delicious. I'm gonna eat that." as it was crawling towards him.

I also like what George Carlin said about lobster..." Step on that fuck before it gets to the children."
__________________
Wha' da ya mean? No brakes never stopped anyone before!
Appreciate 3
Esteban6760.00
Littlebear2425.00
Efthreeoh9529.50
      06-15-2021, 10:35 PM   #124
evil-G-nius
Broke A$$ Super Hero
evil-G-nius's Avatar
United_States
779
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: Infiniti G37 S Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Bay Area California

iTrader: (0)

If money can't buy you happiness, and Disney Land is the Happiest place on Earth...why do the tickets cost so damn much!?
Appreciate 4
King Rudi11123.00
ramman434458.00
vreihen164687.50
      06-16-2021, 07:26 AM   #125
sygazelle
Colonel
3067
Rep
2,969
Posts

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Why does fridge have a d in it and refrigerator does not have a d ??


And one of my favorites from the legendary George Carlin. Why do we say, I'm going to go take a $hit when actually I'm going to give a $hit? He then said, "If god had intended us to take a $hit he would have put a handle on it!"
Appreciate 1
Littlebear2425.00
      06-16-2021, 07:48 AM   #126
rwheels
Captain
5539
Rep
900
Posts

Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: May 2020
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Why does fridge have a d in it and refrigerator does not have a d ??


And one of my favorites from the legendary George Carlin. Why do we say, I'm going to go take a $hit when actually I'm going to give a $hit? He then said, "If god had intended us to take a $hit he would have put a handle on it!"
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 3
King Rudi11123.00
sygazelle3066.50
TiMSport5978.50
      06-16-2021, 03:59 PM   #127
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
11908
Rep
8,857
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

IF I know enough Spanish to just go somewhere in Mexico, and earn enough to hang on the beach fixing computers.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 04:51 PM   #128
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
vreihen16's Avatar
United_States
4688
Rep
648
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
IF I know enough Spanish to just go somewhere in Mexico, and earn enough to hang on the beach fixing computers.
I can say for a fact that I did not retain enough high school Spanish to tell a taxi driver that I wanted to be driven to the Volkswagen dealership when we were in Cozumel for a day about 15 years ago. No problem getting a rental car if that's what I wanted, but I was just interested in a VW Saveiro pickup truck brochure...because I couldn't fit an actual one in my suitcase to bring home.

I *was* able to buy prescription ear wax remover drops in a pharmacy, and could have stockpiled on dirt-cheap big blue pills if I was in the market for them.....
__________________
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World (Lodge interior), Tech/Driving Assist Packages, 20K miles
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 04:57 PM   #129
cmyx6go
Lieutenant Colonel
cmyx6go's Avatar
6764
Rep
1,640
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I can say for a fact that I did not retain enough high school Spanish to tell a taxi driver that I wanted to be driven to the Volkswagen dealership when we were in Cozumel for a day about 15 years ago. No problem getting a rental car if that's what I wanted, but I was just interested in a VW Saveiro pickup truck brochure...because I couldn't fit an actual one in my suitcase to bring home.

I *was* able to buy prescription ear wax remover drops in a pharmacy, and could have stockpiled on dirt-cheap big blue pills if I was in the market for them.....
The way I figure it, I retained enough HS Spanish to survive in a Mexican resort. Una mas, por favor. Gracias and de nada. My spelling may suck but Iíll get by.
Appreciate 2
vreihen164687.50
      06-16-2021, 06:13 PM   #130
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
vreihen16's Avatar
United_States
4688
Rep
648
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
The way I figure it, I retained enough HS Spanish to survive in a Mexican resort. Una mas, por favor. Gracias and de nada. My spelling may suck but I’ll get by.
I'll be able to find chicken and rice, and of course a bathroom.

Funny story about my brother who didn't take a foreign language in high school. He was asked by a boss of his to volunteer transporting and setting up a float for the Puerto Rico Day parade in NYC. On his way out the door that morning, he realized that he didn't know enough Spanish to even find a bathroom. Being the good brother that I am, I handed him a paper with this written on it and told him to show it to anyone when he needed a bathroom:

"?Donde estan las putas?"

Guess I'll be able to find those as well.....
__________________
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World (Lodge interior), Tech/Driving Assist Packages, 20K miles
Appreciate 1
King Rudi11123.00
      06-16-2021, 06:23 PM   #131
cmyx6go
Lieutenant Colonel
cmyx6go's Avatar
6764
Rep
1,640
Posts

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I'll be able to find chicken and rice, and of course a bathroom.

Funny story about my brother who didn't take a foreign language in high school. He was asked by a boss of his to volunteer transporting and setting up a float for the Puerto Rico Day parade in NYC. On his way out the door that morning, he realized that he didn't know enough Spanish to even find a bathroom. Being the good brother that I am, I handed him a paper with this written on it and told him to show it to anyone when he needed a bathroom:

"?Donde estan las putas?"

Guess I'll be able to find those as well.....
Thatís freaking funny. Even I know that. Lol
Appreciate 1
vreihen164687.50
      06-17-2021, 05:15 AM   #132
Littlebear
Janitor
Littlebear's Avatar
United_States
2425
Rep
1,539
Posts

Drives: 2017 330i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Brklyn. Got a problem wit dat?

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
The way I figure it, I retained enough HS Spanish to survive in a Mexican resort. Una mas, por favor. Gracias and de nada. My spelling may suck but I’ll get by.
"Que quanto coste?

Works most every time, most anywhere.

PS: "Donde esta Pepito?"
__________________
"The Indian smiles, he thinks that the cowboy is his friend. The cowboy smiles, he is glad the Indian is fooled. Now he can exploit him" Gof4
"Redwoods talk to me. Say it plainly The human name Doesn't mean shit to a tree" J.A.
"Are we not pins? We are DEVO" Devo

Last edited by Littlebear; 06-17-2021 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST