2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Share Your Latest Experience with Umnitza/Chinese Version of BMW LED Healights

06-13-2021, 02:40 PM   #1
Johnkwick
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI

Share Your Latest Experience with Umnitza/Chinese Version of BMW LED Healights

Hi,

I'm wanted to upgrade my 528i LCI Bi-Xenon (non-adaptive) headlights with the LED since the LED wasn't even an option in here for F10 LCI. 528i was the highest trim for non-M version (for both F10 and G30 only 520 and 528/530 available here). So it's impossible to find the donor car from a junkyard.

Retrofitting with original parts currently isn't an option considering the steep price (local indie dealer offered $7500 for retrofitting including parts, module, and coding, no faults guaranteed).

After reading many posts in here, many people went for Umnitza as an option to install the knock-off version of the BMW's LED headlights. I'd rather buy directly from aliexpress because China is much more closer to my country than USA even though Umnitza sourced their lights from China.

Judging from the posts I've read, their experiences weren't so positives months later. It's like reading horror stories especially when people was so excited to install the LED headlights on the weekend, in less then 1 year the excitement annihilated by the faulty hardware combined with not-so-great customer support.

The reason why I'm asking here is because I feel those posts did not represent experiences from everyone who had bought the knock-off LED lights (which is obvious). Are there any people who never encountered any problems with their knock-off LED lights?

I contacted 2 sellers on Aliexpress and they claimed it's plug n play even for LCI and coding isn't required because I don't have adaptive light & cornering light features.

Thanks and I'm sorry if my English is hard to understand
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 09:47 PM   #2
jellogwapo
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkwick View Post
Hi,

I'm wanted to upgrade my 528i LCI Bi-Xenon (non-adaptive) headlights with the LED since the LED wasn't even an option in here for F10 LCI. 528i was the highest trim for non-M version (for both F10 and G30 only 520 and 528/530 available here). So it's impossible to find the donor car from a junkyard.

Retrofitting with original parts currently isn't an option considering the steep price (local indie dealer offered $7500 for retrofitting including parts, module, and coding, no faults guaranteed).

After reading many posts in here, many people went for Umnitza as an option to install the knock-off version of the BMW's LED headlights. I'd rather buy directly from aliexpress because China is much more closer to my country than USA even though Umnitza sourced their lights from China.

Judging from the posts I've read, their experiences weren't so positives months later. It's like reading horror stories especially when people was so excited to install the LED headlights on the weekend, in less then 1 year the excitement annihilated by the faulty hardware combined with not-so-great customer support.

The reason why I'm asking here is because I feel those posts did not represent experiences from everyone who had bought the knock-off LED lights (which is obvious). Are there any people who never encountered any problems with their knock-off LED lights?

I contacted 2 sellers on Aliexpress and they claimed it's plug n play even for LCI and coding isn't required because I don't have adaptive light & cornering light features.

Thanks and I'm sorry if my English is hard to understand
bought umnitza headlights last yearfor the same reasons as yours.

problem from the start was that they sent me the xenon model ones instead of the halogen. I specified I had the halogen model during the order.

Anthony from Umnitza tried to be helpful, he explained to me that the xenon model would work for my F10, and that it only needed some extra coding.

long story short, I was able to code using esys for xenon and the headlight work... limited. no signal lights, errors keep appearing. I haven't really focused on this small project but it's been a year since, and I haven't still been able to fix it.

Anyway in my situation it was impractical to ship it back to Umnitza then, so I stuck with it
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 11:34 AM   #3
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
I’d stay away from reps. OEM suppliers like Hella and ZKW are great alternatives and cheaper than BMW genuine. Else buy used OE from eBay, plenty of international sellers out there.