2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Boost over-pressure, rough idle, drivetrain warning

06-14-2021, 10:40 AM   #1
Psychengineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Boost over-pressure, rough idle, drivetrain warning

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, just came over from the now-defunct Bimmerfest. I just bought a 2011 535i xDrive and brought it to BMW for a look over. They suggested changing the oil filter gasket as it was leaking, but otherwise the car ran great. I brought it home and changed:

Plugs
Coils
Oil pressure sensor
Oil filter gasket
HX gasket
Oil breather / vent hose (of course it broke)

When I started it up it felt fine. There was a very slight roughness in the idle, nothing to write home about, but that subtle jerk every so many seconds that I used to have with my 08 535i. Then my wife called me to say she went to pass someone on the interstate and got a drivetrain warning on the dash. When I checked the codes I got turbo boost over pressurized codes:

So I looked online, checked the connections to the boost pressure sensor, rechecked the hoses, everything is still tight. I have a hard time believing it's the boost sensor since when I bought this car a month ago the first thing I did was take it 0-100 on the freeway with no hesitation. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the intake cover cracked while pulling it back to access the rear bolt on the filter housing? I read in other forums that others have had this issue but no one ever posted their solution.

My Bimmer-Tool app/cable gets here this week so I'm going to try to reset MAF adaptations.

I should also note that all parts came OEM from FCP Euro.
Appreciate 0