2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Battery Discharging Warning

01-04-2024, 03:27 PM   #89
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by razfrankel View Post
For the battery replacement does it need to be original or get it from auto part store?
This was answered in my first sentence to your last post: ("like kind" refers to the battery being the same size and same specs....it doesn't mean same brand....just means same specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7
It needs to be replaced with a like kind AGM battery. If you don’t know what size you have…check first to determine if you need the larger 105AH battery (this is a 95R/H9 class size battery)…or the slightly smaller 92AH battery (this would be a 49/H8 class size battery).
Quote:
I have the battery discharge message can it be from the battery. Cause if I replace it will say the same thing after it’s registered? I have comfort access do you think that is what’s causing the issue?
You've asked this question multiple times and it has been answered mutliple times. You need to figure out why you are getting this message.
Have you had the battery tested? This will determine its state of charge or if it is holding a charge or not. If not, it could be due to age or a dead cell.

Every time you've asked, you've been given suggestions & recommendations...but you never post back that you've done any of the things suggested. We don't know if the message will remain if you replace the battery if you've not checked if the problem is the battery, the penny stuck in your cig socket, or your door handles, etc. We are NOT there with you so can't say if any of these things are causing your issue. You have to determine or have someone diagnose the things suggested so that you can rule them out as the culprit.

How old is your battery? Again, have it tested to see if it is holding a charge. What is it's state of charge? Is it below 11.2%

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2024, 04:15 PM   #90
razfrankel
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 550i xdrive

Apologies but when I get my car inspected the beginning of next month and get do an oil change. I will check out the problem see what is the cause of the state of charge. I went to the mechanic when it happened the mechanic said I need a new battery. I got the pennies out Sunday it was 3 pennies. My dad told me not to mess with it.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 05:37 PM   #91
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
…I went to the mechanic when it happened the mechanic said I need a new battery.
If the mechanic said you need a new battery, and you’re were getting the battery warning…is there a reason you didn’t believe him or take him at his word and get a new battery? I’m assuming that he tested the battery and didn’t just lift the trunk to take a peak?

I embedded a direct link back in post #87 that discusses the current prices of the BMW b trended battery and aftermarket batteries. If you do the same…you may find that the BMW battery being sold by your local BMW dealership may be the better price if not it is usually priced competitively. And sometimes it has a higher amp hour (AH) rating…especially if you need thge larger 105 AH battery. Many aftermarket brands only have a 100 AH battery in the 95R/H9 class size.

And if you need the slightly smaller 49/H8 battery…BMWs battery is a 92AH battery…and the aftermarket batteries can range from 90AH - 95 AH…and may cost a bit more. But you’ll only know this if you call around and do a price check in your local market.

There’s also other tips to make sure you get the extra vent plug and little black elbow that connects the car’s vent tube to the battery. You will need these to prevent the off gasses from the battery not being able to escape to the exterior of the car. Hopefully you clicked the link so that you read all of this info so you’re informed.

Good luck. And if you haven’t yet…GET THAT PENNY OUT OF YOUR CIG SOCKET!

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 01-04-2024 at 05:47 PM..
Appreciate 1