2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Latest work done on the car

04-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #1
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10

Latest work done on the car

Hi chaps

With the forum being a little quiet, thought I'd post some work I've had done for those still browsing the forum.

2011, 520d M Sport

Got 65,000 miles on it

Had new timing chain and guides done

Gearbox oil and filter change

Rear diff oil change

Front lower control arms

Serpentine belt

And new Pirelli tyres

Thanks
Sp
F10 M Sport, Alpine White, Professional Navigation, Reverse Camera, Power Bootlid, Sports Paddle-Shift Gearbox, Sun Protection Pack, Xenon Headlights, High-Gloss Black Shadow Line, 351M Sport Wheels, M Sport Suspension Deletion. Model Designation Deletion. Black Dakota Leather. Winter Tyres.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2021, 05:50 AM   #2
shiner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535D MSport Touring

Nice one mate. Good work. Where did you get it done?

I want to do some work on mine too.

2013 Z4 35is + tons of options. CURRENT
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 05:39 PM   #3
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner View Post
Nice one mate. Good work. Where did you get it done?

I want to do some work on mine too.
Hi there

I got an independent to do all the work

The parts were all genuine

Has given the car a new lease of life for sure

I'm looking to change the car battery this year

Still on original battery, 10 years old

Changed the key fob battery last week
That lasted 10 years.

Have you had any work done recently?
F10 M Sport, Alpine White, Professional Navigation, Reverse Camera, Power Bootlid, Sports Paddle-Shift Gearbox, Sun Protection Pack, Xenon Headlights, High-Gloss Black Shadow Line, 351M Sport Wheels, M Sport Suspension Deletion. Model Designation Deletion. Black Dakota Leather. Winter Tyres.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 08:43 AM   #4
shiner
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535D MSport Touring

I may change my battery as well as a preventative measure. No, nothing at all on mine other than wheel refurb.

2013 Z4 35is + tons of options. CURRENT
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 02:12 AM   #5
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner View Post
I may change my battery as well as a preventative measure. No, nothing at all on mine other than wheel refurb.
I'm in the process of researching which battery to go for and where to our purchase from

I'm after the exact same spec either Bosch or varta if it's a lot cheaper than the BMW dealer one

And apparently it needs coding

Some batteries on euro car parts were around £250. No idea they'd be that much

Mine is non stop start
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 07:38 AM   #6
Jezzario
Rep
Drives: F10 530d 245 M Sport

I'm looking to replace mine as well. Alternator went after 168k miles (not bad) and left the current battery a little worse for wear.
After doing some research, there's a whole host of options....which can't all be correct for your specific car. I've seen Eurocarparts list one for £650. Looks like you can get away with somewhere between £150-£250 depending on your preference. But look carefully at the spec. Best way would be to replicate the spec of your existing one.
Then it will need coding to the car. For me, best option is to buy Bimmerlink and do it yourself. I already have Bimmercode and a Bluetooth adapter so for me, it's just an additional £30 to purchase Bimmerlink. Then I also have the programme for anything else. I can't offer a comparison to asking a garage to do it as I've not enquired.
So yeah, not as simple as I'd hoped. Good luck
Appreciate 1
Sp12348.50
      06-16-2021, 05:00 PM   #7
Sp123
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzario View Post
I'm looking to replace mine as well. Alternator went after 168k miles (not bad) and left the current battery a little worse for wear.
After doing some research, there's a whole host of options....which can't all be correct for your specific car. I've seen Eurocarparts list one for £650. Looks like you can get away with somewhere between £150-£250 depending on your preference. But look carefully at the spec. Best way would be to replicate the spec of your existing one.
Then it will need coding to the car. For me, best option is to buy Bimmerlink and do it yourself. I already have Bimmercode and a Bluetooth adapter so for me, it's just an additional £30 to purchase Bimmerlink. Then I also have the programme for anything else. I can't offer a comparison to asking a garage to do it as I've not enquired.
So yeah, not as simple as I'd hoped. Good luck
Ok what you said makes sense

Il try to replicate the current battery

If you do change your battery please keep us updated.

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2021, 08:55 AM   #8
RichieF5
Registered
Ireland
Rep
Drives: F10 520d 2014

How much does a wheel refurb cost?
Appreciate 0