2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Rough idle cold engine 523i 2010 (F10)

04-29-2024, 03:27 AM   #1
ReberStar
Registered
Rep
Drives: 5 series

Rough idle cold engine 523i 2010 (F10)

Hi, I have a problem with my bmw 523i 2010 where when its cold, it has really rough idle. When I drive for a while (5-8 min) it becomes normal again. Changed spark plugs, still the same problem. Took the car to a bmw stealership, and they couldnt find the problem after 3 days. They checked the coils, spark, and even for vaccum leaks but they couldnt find anything. Engine light comes sometimes on, and disappears when engine is good. The rough idle doesnt start right away when I start the engine, it starts when the oil pressure becomes optimal (30 sec after startup). I asked the dealership if it was the vanos solenoids, but they said there are no fault codes on the solenoids. Could it be that its faulty, or clogged vanos solenoids even if its not showing any fault codes? Any tips, or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0