2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media lsturbointeg's "Black Candy" build thread! (with daily/weekly updates!)

05-29-2020, 07:42 PM   #419
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encendido3 View Post
That set up looks killer. I wish we lived in the same area so I could hear this (and lend a hand obviously!)
Thanks dude! I appreciate you wanting to lend a hand this should sound amazing
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 10:41 PM   #420
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

here's something i wanted to share in case anyone was interested or if they were looking into upgrading their system. this auto remote feature is pretty sweet as before with the addition of any amps you would have to find a acc source that would remote turn your amp on when the car is turned on. the Matchup7BMW amp sends a signal through the LINE OUT which if hooked up with a RCA to 3.5mm jack activates the RF amp to turn on when plugged into the REMOTE INPUT as pictured. than when the car is turned off the RF than doesn't detect the signal anymore which than turns the RF amp off. this auto detect is a very nice feature as it eliminates me from having to tap into the wiring harness looking for the acc remote wire
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 2
      06-01-2020, 10:30 AM   #421
MOBF10
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp

Got the intercooler, nice.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2020, 06:15 PM   #422
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBF10 View Post
Got the intercooler, nice.
I did but gotta find time to put it in now
Appreciate 1
BurrNinja427.50
      06-06-2020, 03:31 AM   #423
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

worked on installing the new custom CQUENCE rotors and Goodridge Stainless steel lines. i feel there's plenty of bite but i couldn't tell you if the stainless lines helped. i'm sure they're an improvement over the stock and it's probably helping overall with conjunction of the new rotors and pads. These were straight plug and play as they installed right back into factory bracket locations. they do look very nice from pure aesthetics which is a plus for me!

Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 03:33 AM   #424
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

and here's the CQUENCE custom rotors i had made

Appreciate 2
      06-06-2020, 03:40 AM   #425
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

here's after a little bit of breaking in. so for those wondering the gold where the pad contact surface area meets does come wear off and show metal as usual. so all that remains gold is the hub, drilled holes, slots and edging around which makes this a nice compliment to my AGwheels Matte Antique Bronze finish as well as my OEM liquid black wheels!

OEM 356's!

and my AGwheels

Appreciate 3
Ickdeep5715.50
      06-06-2020, 03:47 AM   #426
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

if anyone decided to perform a DIY brake and bleed i highly recommend MOTIVE PRODUCTS Power Bleeder! very easy to use and is BMW specific. ordered this from ECS Tuning

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-motive-p...eder/motivepb/
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 03:55 AM   #427
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

also got my GTHAUS windshield banner on! i freakin love this! thanks to GTHAUS for sponsoring me for this!

Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 08:09 AM   #428
Encendido3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i M Sport

Awesome work bro! That gold really pops against the car paint.
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2020, 09:37 AM   #429
NYC535iowner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i X-drive

so how did you like the new brake setup .. I am looking to replace my front rotors and pads and I like the new setup you have but I wont be ordering the gold package like you lol
Looks good on the car..

PS what pads will you recommend?
      06-12-2020, 09:42 AM   #430
NYC535iowner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
$256 including tax and free shipping
Wait what the intercooler was less than $300. I need to get my hands on one of them too..
      06-12-2020, 09:57 AM   #431
NYC535iowner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
alright, got the Vibrant defouler installed along with all the OEM o2 sensors. per discussion in the Vibrant defouler thread i used the middle size restrictor and i have it facing upward as recommended. hope this helps other people interested in doing this as i couldn't find any info on which defouler to use which restrictor to use and the fact it needs to face up!

so after everything was installed i'm happy to report there's no CEL!!!!!!
At the moment I have the same Catless DP and have the CEL due to the O2 censor. so with this piece I can install it and not worry about the CEL coming back..
Where can I get this piece and Thank You ahead of time.
      06-12-2020, 10:16 AM   #432
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC535iowner View Post
so how did you like the new brake setup .. I am looking to replace my front rotors and pads and I like the new setup you have but I wont be ordering the gold package like you lol
Looks good on the car..

PS what pads will you recommend?
Brakes feel really good! Good bite to them but I also upgraded to Goodridge Stainless lines so that probably helped too! They came with Posiequiet pads which have done awesome so far. It came as a package so I didn't specifically ask for a certain type of pads.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 10:17 AM   #433
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wait what the intercooler was less than $300. I need to get my hands on one of them too..
Yup! The GPlus can be had for $244 on Ebay. We have a thread here on it and so far everyone's been happy with it
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 10:19 AM   #434
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
At the moment I have the same Catless DP and have the CEL due to the O2 censor. so with this piece I can install it and not worry about the CEL coming back..
Where can I get this piece and Thank You ahead of time.
Amazon! I've seen this on ebay as well all going for about the same price. This helps eliminate the dreaded CEL light. I did have it come on one time when I was really ripping through the gears. Since than no CEL
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 10:36 AM   #435
NYC535iowner
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Amazon! I've seen this on ebay as well all going for about the same price. This helps eliminate the dreaded CEL light. I did have it come on one time when I was really ripping through the gears. Since than no CEL
whats the name so I can find it on Amazon???
      06-12-2020, 01:10 PM   #436
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
whats the name so I can find it on Amazon???
Double check tho
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vibrant-Per...089?nav=SEARCH

More info
https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1698863
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 02:20 AM   #437
dzz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi, MHD Stage 2+

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
here's after a little bit of breaking in. so for those wondering the gold where the pad contact surface area meets does come wear off and show metal as usual. so all that remains gold is the hub, drilled holes, slots and edging around which makes this a nice compliment to my AGwheels Matte Antique Bronze finish as well as my OEM liquid black wheels!
nice looking rotors, your car is coming up real nice!. are new rotors more noisy than the stock? that is the complaint I am often hearing for slotted and drilled rotors
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2020, 03:26 AM   #438
ey2001
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 535i 6spd

Quote:
if anyone decided to perform a DIY brake and bleed i highly recommend MOTIVE PRODUCTS Power Bleeder! very easy to use and is BMW specific. ordered this from ECS Tuning

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-motive-p...eder/motivepb/
Did you use ista? Or without
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 07:53 AM   #439
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzz View Post
nice looking rotors, your car is coming up real nice!. are new rotors more noisy than the stock? that is the complaint I am often hearing for slotted and drilled rotors
I don't hear anything at all brother. But than again my exhaust is super loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ey2001 View Post
Did you use ista? Or without
I did not
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 05:00 PM   #440
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

alright! where should i start? finally got everything in which is why i was waiting to start the install. i do still have to order RCA Male to Dual RCA Female Splitter/Adapter. there was quite a few issues i ran into during the install and i'll be sure to let you guys know what those were. anyways, here's all the trunk pieces removed to expose everything underneath!

okay so before i started i wanted to hear once again how the factory hifi system sounded before i swapped things out. once i got to listen for a few minutes i got started.

got the OEM hifi amp removed. Pretty simple once you look to see how to take things apart and what not

here's the MatchUp BMW7 with the supplied harness plugged in

used the supplied mounting plate and i attached it to the bottom of the amp and than that's mounted onto the OEM amp bracket. pretty straight forward.

than installed right back into it's OEM location. zip tied the wiring harness down so everything looks clean and tidy

Now that i got the Matchup amp installed i turned the audio on to hear the difference before swapping out the speakers. first thing i noticed was it was much louder and the clarity was much cleaner before any tuning was done. bass/treble setting were still set at 50%. i still had the driver side door speaker rattling but immediately i can hear the difference in sound quality. highs were cleaner and brighter and the mids were more pronounced. the underseat subs however sounded like shit! more muddier than anything.

Onto the door! had to watch a couple of Youtube videos on how to remove the door. pretty easy once i got the jist of things

here's a comparison of the Gladen mid speaker next to the OEM. What a joke that BMW would put this in our car!

just look at the size of the magnet on the Gladen compared to the OEM

Gladen speaker mounted

here's the aftermarket harness adapter i used so i didn't have to cut the OEM plug. used heat shrink once i made the butt connections

here's the crossover zip tied. made sure it wasn't going to be in the way of anything

next was the tweeter. here's a side by side comparison. Gladen is the one on top

pretty straight forward as far as swapping these in. fit like a glove!

snaps right back in with no problems. now just a note, i did not have to use the OEM speakers wire for the tweeters as the Gladen's wire for the tweeter comes right off the crossover. so i basically disconnected the OEM tweeter from the harness and left it open.

now onto the underseat subwoofers! pretty easy to do. had to remove the 4 50mm torx bolts holding the rails down. than remove the 4 torx screws to remove the subwoofer cover and 4 more torx screws holding the subwoofer in place.

lol what a joke! BMW should be ashamed! there's economy cars with better factory systems than this!!!

no install issues with the added height of the Gladen subs

installed the supplied foam around the sub

here's the OEM subwoofer harness adapter i bought. plugs right into the OEM harness

and the subwoofer installed back in it's home

just for a teaser here's the Rockford Fosgate sitting behind the ski port. i will post more pictures on the subwoofer once i get the RCA Male to Dual RCA Female Splitter/Adapter.

so some of the information during my research regarding the remote signal that i thought i understood was actually incorrect. i thought the LINE OUT from the MatchUp BMW7 would also remotely turn the built in amp of the Rockford Fosgate. so those 2 cables i ordered basically is now garbage lol! so this picture here shows the cable plugged into the LINE OUT of the MatchUp BMW7 and the other end plugs into the remote input of the Rockford Fosgate which is incorrect. i'm such a dummy. the remote input is actually the input connection for the Remote Punch Level Control which is basically a knob i can install up front somewhere that controls the output of the bass.

so now what i need to do is install this adapter for the RCA's input from the MatchUp BMW7 to the Rockford Fosgate audio input (plug in connector that has RCA'S)

for the remote signal i just had to run a wire from the MatchUp BMW7 remote input all the way to the remote input of the Rockford Fosgate.

i'll be sure to post some updated pictures when i do. Now once i got everything in place i turned the audio system on and oh boy! the single 12" sub with only 300 watts hits pretty damn hard but should hit harder once i install that RCA adaptor since i'm only getting half the signal. the audio is super clean and i'm amazed of how it sounds right out of the box with no tuning. the clarity of the tweeters and the sound stage of the mids is just crazy! i'm really looking forward to tuning this. i'm so glad i did this! i still need to download the program from MatchUp so i can fine tune and set the speakers to what ever i need them to be. the underseat subs i'll set to mids and leave all the low level signals for the subwoofer. i'll report back once i do
Appreciate 4