2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The official "Ask a cop/deputy anything!" thread

04-02-2024, 11:18 PM   #8185
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Well this is spot on…
One of my coworkers once compared my job to taking a 2-year old to Toys-R-Us. Lots of (pilot) whining & demanding stuff.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24962.50
vreihen1615092.50
      04-04-2024, 05:49 PM   #8186
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

High risk take-down done right.

Name:  Traffic stop..gif
Views: 187
Size:  2.00 MB
Appreciate 7
      04-04-2024, 08:25 PM   #8187
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Russia?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 07:13 AM   #8188
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:

Attachment 3426482
That's....impressive. Very risky, but impressive. Could have gone wrong in a lot of ways, and I get the feeling that was a simulated practice because the car didn't appear to be moving quickly, but still impressive.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 09:37 PM   #8189
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Sedan, which episode of Cops do you appear in?????
      04-05-2024, 09:40 PM   #8190
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Sedan, which episode of Cops do you appear in?????
lol! That’s a good question. I know I’ve been in YouTube content.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615092.50
      04-06-2024, 08:13 AM   #8191
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

I'd like to applaud our cops overhere in The Hague today.

XR is at it again...

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 6
Buug95917118.50
Lady Jane70141.00
vreihen1615092.50
Sedan_Clan24962.50
      04-06-2024, 09:22 PM   #8192
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Wauly View Post
Sedan_Clan finally came up with a solution to get his GT3 sooner rather than later
Cops salary is clearly super high these days it seems...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24962.50
      04-07-2024, 07:20 AM   #8193
Pauly Wauly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 560X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
You can`t pay me enough to do their job.

Anyone who is willing to put their life(s) on the line day in and day out to protect me I don`t have a problem with what they make.
Karma is real!!!....You keep doing people dirty and being a complete asshole and think God is going to bless you. It may not be today, or tomorrow, or next week, but what goes around comes back around. And when that bitch comes for you it`ll be tenfold!
Appreciate 6
Buug95917118.50
vreihen1615092.50
cmyx6go15671.50
Sedan_Clan24962.50
lakefront560.50
      04-07-2024, 08:17 AM   #8194
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep

Quote:
Perhaps but look at some desk jockeys who make high six digits salaries, only work 9 to 5 and where the work hazard is a paper cut.
Appreciate 3
Buug95917118.50
Sedan_Clan24962.50
      04-07-2024, 06:09 PM   #8195
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Perhaps but look at some desk jockeys who make high six digits salaries, only work 9 to 5 and where the work hazard is a paper cut.
Not all desk jobs are insignificant...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 06:12 PM   #8196
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep

Quote:
Not all desk jobs are insignificant...
I said some, not all.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 07:11 PM   #8197
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
...and where the work hazard is a paper cut.
The sedentary lifestyle of a desk jockey is the bigger health hazard.....
      04-08-2024, 10:53 AM   #8198
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Are you being facetious or are you being serious?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 01:38 PM   #8199
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

The other day I was at the gas station, as I pulled up to the pump I saw a friends brother Paul roll past me on his sxs. He has a colorful criminal history, felon on multiple counts (drugs), loose canon that suffers bad PTS from the things he saw as a Marine in Iraq. He was arrested a few years ago for walking into Walmart in full armor and a pistol strapped to his side screaming someone was following him. While I don't trust him, we get along well enough so I wondered if he would come over to say hi. I was on the phone so I hadn't gotten out he truck yet, a couple minutes later I hear yelling, look in my rear view mirror and see someone in a vikings hoodie pull their shirt up and draw a pistol and think to myself "shit, Paul is here, this can't be good. I hope I'm not having to talk him down." As I opened the door I heard "POLICE! GET DOWN!" Turns out the guy in the hoodie was undercover that was tailing him. They run across a couple parking spots and Paul is taken to the ground. Suddenly 4 Sheriff SUVs, 2 unmarked squads, and 2 plain white utility vans fly into the lot, and teams of full kit Sheriff come out of both vans. Wholy shit! It's unfortunate that he is still getting himself into trouble, but awesome to see the coordination in person.

Turns out Paul was arrested there back in Feb. A couple Sheriff went to his house for a routine welfare check, couldn't find him, but talked to two people who stated he threatened to kill them. They then got a call from the gas station that Paul was there acting strange, making comments he killed someone and was trying to leave without paying. Sheriff shows up, Paul tries to fight and get their weapon, tried stabbing them with a pen. He was arrested, claimed he was having a PTS episode (which is probably likely), released to supervised house arrest.

VA apparently has a open bed for him at Pauls request for treatment, but no one wants to take the time to transport him there. Understandably they won't allow family to bring him, but neither the VA nor the Sheriff will transport him either...?

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 02:12 PM   #8200
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
The other day I was at the gas station, as I pulled up to the pump I saw a friends brother Paul roll past me on his sxs. He has a colorful criminal history, felon on multiple counts (drugs), loose canon that suffers bad PTS from the things he saw as a Marine in Iraq. He was arrested a few years ago for walking into Walmart in full armor and a pistol strapped to his side screaming someone was following him. While I don't trust him, we get along well enough so I wondered if he would come over to say hi. I was on the phone so I hadn't gotten out he truck yet, a couple minutes later I hear yelling, look in my rear view mirror and see someone in a vikings hoodie pull their shirt up and draw a pistol and think to myself "shit, Paul is here, this can't be good. I hope I'm not having to talk him down." As I opened the door I heard "POLICE! GET DOWN!" Turns out the guy in the hoodie was undercover that was tailing him. They run across a couple parking spots and Paul is taken to the ground. Suddenly 4 Sheriff SUVs, 2 unmarked squads, and 2 plain white utility vans fly into the lot, and teams of full kit Sheriff come out of both vans. Wholy shit! It's unfortunate that he is still getting himself into trouble, but awesome to see the coordination in person.

Turns out Paul was arrested there back in Feb. A couple Sheriff went to his house for a routine welfare check, couldn't find him, but talked to two people who stated he threatened to kill them. They then got a call from the gas station that Paul was there acting strange, making comments he killed someone and was trying to [...]
Normally the fire department or law enforcement will transport to a mental facility. Here in California that is regular practice. If he was under arrest, however, he should have been transported to a hospital with a jail ward and been under law enforcement surveillance until release (…..and then subsequently booked in jail)
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 07:40 AM   #8201
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post

Turns out Paul was arrested there back in Feb. A couple Sheriff went to his house for a routine welfare check, couldn't find him, but talked to two people who stated he threatened to kill them. They then got a call from the gas station that Paul was there acting strange, making comments he killed someone and was trying to leave without paying. Sheriff shows up, Paul tries to fight and get their weapon, tried stabbing them with a pen. He was arrested, claimed he was having a PTS episode (which is probably likely), released to supervised house arrest.

VA apparently has a open bed for him at Pauls request for treatment, but no one wants to take the time to transport him there. Understandably they won't allow family to bring him, but neither the VA nor the Sheriff will transport him either...?
I have lots of empathy for those whose minds were damaged by war. And I don't think we do enough for them on return. But society at large also has to be protected and he sounds like a menace. I hope he gets the help he needs but isn't let loose until it is certain he is under control.

I also once saw a police coordinated take down. I was working at a 24 hour self serve gas station in the 70s. Traffic is coming and going as the bars are closing up. One car with a few people in it stops at the far pump comes over and tells me they have a car issue and will be on their way soon. Dumb me I just nod. In my defense I was also going to technical school at the time and hardly awake at this job where I wasn't ever supposed to leave the enclosed glass kiosk. Meanwhile customers come and go. Suddenly all 5 of the entrances to the station are filled with police cars lights on and guys jump out with shotguns. Turns out the people in the car were waiting for no one around to rob me and had lots of guns. It was impressive coordination.

Another story at that job late one night a woman (26ish but to 18 yo me an "older" woman) asks me to help her pump gas. So I leave the sanctity of the kiosk (she was hot) and as I do she says "How do you know I don't have a 45 under here" while holding her boobs. Then I....... nah I'll send the rest into Penthouse.
Appreciate 0