2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums USA - California 2021 Reputable BMW Shops

08-13-2021, 03:38 PM   #1
jpmonty86
Rep
Drives: 16' 535i M Sport

2021 Reputable BMW Shops

So I know this has been asked in several other threads but I wanted to bring this up again in 2021 as Non-M F10 forum activity is pretty slow. Additionally, most of the threads are rather old.

As far as SoCal BMW shops go, I've come across Euro Auto Spot in Miramar and European Auto Source (EAS) in Anaheim as popular choices. I've sent emails to both inquiring about a quote for some installs a few days ago with no response. I can't help but feel that they don't care to work on my 535i considering the normal traffic coming into the shop- highly modified M's. This is just an assumption, especially for EAS (they SEEM to deal with M cars exclusively)

So I guess my question is has anyone had any experience taking their non-m F10 to any of these shops recently? As in sometime this year or late 2020?

Thanks for reading.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 04:11 PM   #2
jpmonty86
Rep

As an update- Contacted Auto Talent in Gardena and they were very prompt via email- about 5 minutes to respond.

Anyone with personal experience at Auto Talent? Some not so very good experiences listed on the f80 forum. They also quoted me $700 for H&R spring install. Sound high or within reason?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 06:02 PM   #3
ThaiBruin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmonty86 View Post
As an update- Contacted Auto Talent in Gardena and they were very prompt via email- about 5 minutes to respond.

Anyone with personal experience at Auto Talent? Some not so very good experiences listed on the f80 forum. They also quoted me $700 for H&R spring install. Sound high or within reason?

For regular customer work, they're pretty great. I've purchased and installed both my KW V2 coilovers and my Vorsteiner wheels from them.

However, I made the mistake of utilizing them to deal with an accident where a car hit me from the side and bent one of my wheels. They literally held my car for almost a month because they wouldn't replace the wheel until they got their money in full from the insurance company for a wheel.
      08-13-2021, 06:10 PM   #4
jpmonty86
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiBruin View Post
Quote:

For regular customer work, they're pretty great. I've purchased and installed both my KW V2 coilovers and my Vorsteiner wheels from them.

However, I made the mistake of utilizing them to deal with an accident where a car hit me from the side and bent one of my wheels. They literally held my car for almost a month because they wouldn't replace the wheel until they got their money in full from the insurance company for a wheel.
Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, I unfortunately read on the m3 forums about a member who had a similar experience, but they held his car for 4 months.

Appreciate the insight, I think I'll keep shopping around as spring installs range anywhere from $300 to as high as $1000+ from what I've read.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 06:28 PM   #5
ThaiBruin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiBruin View Post
Quote:

Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, I unfortunately read on the m3 forums about a member who had a similar experience, but they held his car for 4 months.

Appreciate the insight, I think I'll keep shopping around as spring installs range anywhere from $300 to as high as $1000+ from what I've read.
If it's just springs, I don't think you have to go to a shop that specializes in BMWs.
      09-01-2021, 04:49 PM   #6
ChampagneQrtzPapi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Quote:

Also, isn't Gardena a little too far from SD?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 10:30 PM   #7
jpmonty86
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampagneQrtzPapi View Post
Quote:

Also, isn't Gardena a little too far from SD?
It is little far, but I was willing to drive a couple hours for a trustworthy shop. In the end I actually went with So-Cal Suspension in El Cajon after one of the guys in the f30 forums mentioned it. Did a bit of research and they seemed to do good work at a decent price.

Out the door I paid $550 for the install of all 4 springs and an alignment. Couldn't be happier with the stance and ride quality the h&r sport springs with the (704) m-sport suspension. Hasn't bottomed out/hit the bumpstops once and is as comfortable as stock. There's a couple threads floating around about it being too harsh and people removing them after losing comfort, but I honestly don't know how one could come to that conclusion.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2023, 02:34 AM   #8
Nordicracer
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 535 M Sport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
  [0.00]
2012 BMW 535 M-Sport  [8.50]
ProSpeed Euro is my shop in Fullerton. 714-575-1505. We only quote walk in business though.