2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Liberal Hypocrisy

06-23-2018, 06:14 PM   #1255
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30inthe6ix View Post
This entire topic is fake news.
Liberals are not perfect, but so are not conservatives.

I'm pretty fucking conservative when it comes to money and how to make more, if I were an American voter I would want stricter abortion laws but only if combined with more healthcare access for females.

What the republican party stood for, I liked. I saw the democrats mostly as politicians who spew out shit I like without using a calculator.

Then again, a normal person can't even understand what a million is, ten million is all the money in the world, a hundred million is as much as a million is. A billion can't be comprehended.

You guys gave away a trillion.

You can't be a conservative or a republican and be voted for an office for long there. With this approach, the voters will have liberal grandchildren that'll abandon them to shit hole nursing homes.
Appreciate 2
      06-23-2018, 06:17 PM   #1256
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 BMW 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post

I'm pretty fucking conservative when it comes to money and how to make more, if I were an American voter I would want stricter abortion laws but only if combined with more healthcare access for females.

What the republican party stood for, I liked. I saw the democrats mostly as politicians who spew out shit I like without using a calculator.

Then again, a normal person can't even understand what a million is, ten million is all the money in the world, a hundred million is as much as a million is. A billion can't be comprehended.

You can't be a conservative or a republican and be voted for an office for long there. With this approach, the voters will have liberal grandchildren that'll abandon them to shit hole nursing homes.
I am a Conservative convert after years of Liberal brainwashing here in Canada. My post was more in reference to the Liberal hypocrisy that fake news fuels. Some of the nonsense I see left-wing people posting on my social media is just outrageous. To think that some of the "facts" I read in these articles are blindly assumed to be true by so many people is genuinely concerning if you ask me.
      06-23-2018, 06:20 PM   #1257
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2007 3.0si Cpe 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
Okay he has an education...... but to wish ill on millions of citizens because One disagrees with the current POTUS....is ( insert choice term).
Republican. Cite: anything that happened in DC between January 2009 and January 2017. Such as yelling "liar!" during a SotU address, just for starters. Or maybe "one term President" is more to the current point.
Appreciate 1
Lups9989.50

06-23-2018, 06:27 PM   #1258
Real Dodger
On Ceti Alpha V
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I am a Conservative convert after years of Liberal brainwashing here in Canada. My post was more in reference to the Liberal hypocrisy that fake news fuels. Some of the nonsense I see left-wing people posting on my social media is just outrageous. To think that some of the "facts" I read in these articles are blindly assumed to be true by so many people is genuinely concerning if you ask me.
That is extremely true of both extreme sides, left and right.
      06-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #1259
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
That is extremely true of both extreme sides, left and right.
Agreed. Mainstream media is just awful, and I sympathize with the fact that many people simply can't differentiate credible sources from nonsense ones, regardless of whether they're left or right-wing oriented.
      06-23-2018, 06:29 PM   #1260
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, but you're a Canadian, and I'm a Finn. Our press, yours and mine are described by all studies as epic and the best ever.

I subscribe the old papers in the USA, wsj, nytimes, WaPo. I like paying for my sources.

I also read their less than stellar sources posted here and I suggest you do the same. At one point you too will realize a result totally trumps the means but that won't work for you
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #1261
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Republican. Cite: anything that happened in DC between January 2009 and January 2017. Such as yelling "liar!" during a SotU address, just for starters. Or maybe "one term President" is more to the current point.
I like speeches. I like reading them.

,"ask .or what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"

That was epic then. Now the country is the world.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 06:34 PM   #1262
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, but you're a Canadian, and I'm a Finn. Our press, yours and mine are described by all studies as epic and the best ever.

I subscribe the old papers in the USA, wsj, nytimes, WaPo. I like paying for my sources.

I also read their less than stellar sources posted here and I suggest you do the same. At one point you too will realize a result totally trumps the means but that won't work for you
Yes, we're definitely placed on a pedestal quite frequently, but that does not necessary make it true. Some of my opinions on matters here in Canada essentially go against the models our governments have implemented and utilized in the country for decades. Just because you're spoon-fed something, it doesn't mean that you have to outright agree with it. I mean, I'd love to think Canada is the best country in the world at everything, and in some aspects, I can reasonably make and argue claims in support of it, but idealistically, I do not think that we're superior to most other realistically-comparable nations.
      06-24-2018, 01:33 AM   #1263
Real Dodger
On Ceti Alpha V
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
There is liberal hypocrisy!!

Sarah Sanders kicked out of restaurant because of work for Trump http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44588939
      06-24-2018, 09:27 AM   #1264
Dieselunlimited
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
There is liberal hypocrisy!!

Sarah Sanders kicked out of restaurant because of work for Trump http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44588939
Liberal hypocrisy is always on display with a simple bumper sticker!

When reality it since the dawn of man has and always will be.....

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 10:45 AM   #1265
Timujin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [3.75]
Coconut oil works best for popcorn. You can season it as it heats when adding kernels. Shake the pot vigorously!

I am offended this thread has 50,000+ more views than the ZCP Love thread...and I just contributed to the vortex.

06-24-2018, 02:49 PM   #1266
Chappers 71
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SE

Garage List
I seem to recollect George Washington being quoted as saying something like "As mankind becomes more liberal, America being at the forefront of justice and liberalism
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #1267
Dieselunlimited
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
I seem to recollect George Washington being quoted as saying something like "As mankind becomes more liberal, America being at the forefront of justice and liberalism
"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality"

He states basically giving your part into a productive society will further allow you to enjoy the protections a free government offers you.

This is not modern day liberalism we know.

Liberalism then was to refer to the free working class.... these are also known as the "givers"

Liberalism today refers to those that look to the government for all guidance. These are the "takers".
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 03:44 PM   #1268
Chappers 71
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselunlimited View Post
These are the "takers".
Yeah....piss takers
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 10:48 PM   #1269
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport

:
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
SakhirM46839.00
MKSixer7796.00
arkie638.00
Delta03114445.50
scostu772.50
Robin_NL2614.00
glennQNYC1206.00

06-25-2018, 07:20 AM   #1270
ard5040
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 e90 M3

Buzzard, where'd you get your "cartoon" with your alternative facts? This from factcheck.org. "DHS told us that 2,342 children were separated from their parents between May 5 and June 9.But DHS couldn’t provide any statistics on how many children may have been separated from their parents under the Obama administration."
2,342 in a little more than a month translates to more than 200,000 over an eight year period. (You're expecting this idiot to get a second term, right?) No need to check my numbers, Desiel says we're all "math prodigies".
Appreciate 1
Lups9989.50

06-25-2018, 08:24 AM   #1271
ard5040
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 e90 M3

There was a post on this thread a couple of days back referring to immigrants as "takers". This morning I remembered an article back in September regarding a study the Trump administration ordered to find the cost to our country of "illegal" immigrants. It was done by the Department of Health and Human Services. (Ben Carson was able to get something done other than buying $30,000 tables for the department dining room.) Here's the gist of it, I'm quoting here boys, (refugees) “contributed an estimated $269.1 billion in revenues to all levels of government” between 2005 and 2014 through the payment of federal, state and local taxes. “Overall, this report estimated that the net fiscal impact of refugees was positive over the 10-year period, at $63 billion.” Of course Trump called his own report fake. His numbers, 1 billion to 3 billion dollars, are apparently lifted from a report by the Federation for American Immigration Reform which included things like the cost of illegal immigrants using our highways and drinking public water. Sound familiar? Don't like reality? Find an alternative that fits in your bubble.
Appreciate 1
wdb861.00

06-25-2018, 08:28 AM   #1272
TheWatchGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard5040 View Post
There was a post on this thread a couple of days back referring to immigrants as "takers". This morning I remembered an article back in September regarding a study the Trump administration ordered to find the cost to our country of "illegal" immigrants. It was done by the Department of Health and Human Services. (Ben Carson was able to get something done other than buying $30,000 tables for the department dining room.) Here's the gist of it, I'm quoting here boys, (refugees) “contributed an estimated $269.1 billion in revenues to all levels of government” between 2005 and 2014 through the payment of federal, state and local taxes. “Overall, this report estimated that the net fiscal impact of refugees was positive over the 10-year period, at $63 billion.” Of course Trump called his own report fake. His numbers, 1 billion to 3 billion dollars, are apparently lifted from a report by the Federation for American Immigration Reform which included things like the cost of illegal immigrants using our highways and drinking public water. Sound familiar? Don't like reality? Find an alternative that fits in your bubble.
Refugees =/= illegal immigrants

How are illegal immigrants paying taxes if they are undocumented? Link to report?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 08:32 AM   #1273
Dieselunlimited
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I think you spelled Illegal alien wrong in your above made up #s!

For your viewing pleasure, and I serve to please!

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1325
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 09:44 AM   #1274
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Buzzard, where'd you get your "cartoon" with your alternative facts? This from factcheck.org. "DHS told us that 2,342 children were separated from their parents between May 5 and June 9.But DHS couldn't provide any statistics on how many children may have been separated from their parents under the Obama administration."
2,342 in a little more than a month translates to more than 200,000 over an eight year period. (You're expecting this idiot to get a second term, right?) No need to check my numbers, Desiel says we're all "math prodigies".
I have my sources

Don't care if Trump gets a second term as long as we do not get a liberal loon in the White House again.

How does this sound - so far, Trump is doing pretty good though
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL2614.00

06-25-2018, 09:59 AM   #1275
TheWatchGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Buzzard, where'd you get your "cartoon" with your alternative facts? This from factcheck.org. "DHS told us that 2,342 children were separated from their parents between May 5 and June 9.But DHS couldn’t provide any statistics on how many children may have been separated from their parents under the Obama administration."
alternative facts because your source of factcheck.org couldnt find the stats?

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 10:17 AM   #1276
Real Dodger
On Ceti Alpha V
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Quote:
Buzzard, where'd you get your "cartoon" with your alternative facts? This from factcheck.org. "DHS told us that 2,342 children were separated from their parents between May 5 and June 9.But DHS couldn't provide any statistics on how many children may have been separated from their parents under the Obama administration."
I have my sources

Don't care if Trump gets a second term as long as we do not get a liberal loon in the White House again.

How does this sound - so far, Trump is doing pretty good though
Instead of Trump or liberal loons, how about somebody with some common sense? That would be far better than either alternative you've presented