2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes F10 RWD ST Suspensions Coilovers

11-30-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

F10 RWD ST Suspensions Coilovers

so i've been doing my homework again because coilovers is next on my mod list. the KWV1 is what i planned on going with but ran into these coilovers who are also made by KW. anyone have anymore info on these other than the info i posted or if anybody is using these? i know there's so many products out there that just gets rebranded i think this is one of them. the cost difference is almost $800!

Description:

Looking for that perfect balance between comfort and performance, styling, and handling without sacrificing ride quality and comfort? Your search is over, from the company that brought you the KW V1, V2, and V3, we have the perfect ST Coilover to suit your car needs. Coilovers are the BEST suspension solution for aftermarket applications, simply because all of the parts are designed to compliment and function perfectly with each other. As opposed to playing the guessing game of buying springs and shocks separate.

When it comes to choosing the perfect coilover, don't be cheap, do it right the first time; choose ST height adjustable Variant 1 Coilover Kits. Fully threaded shock bodies will enable you to customize your ride height for that aggressive stance that you've always wanted, without sacrificing safety, functionality, or driving performance. Each application is expertly engineered, designed, and test under road and of course track conditions in Europe to guarantee it meets and exceeds the Highest Quality Standards of the German TÜV.

In 2005, the German suspension powerhouse KW automotive GmbH, well known worldwide for its reference standard KW Coilover height adjustable suspension systems, purchased both Belltech Sport Trucks and Suspension Techniques, and launched KW automotive North America Inc. now based just outside of Fresno in Sanger, CA. The infusion of technology from ST new parent company took ST's game to a whole new level, increasing not only its application range coverage, but also adding (among other things) the innovative ST Speedtech Coilover program, modeled after the wildly successful galvanized KW Variant 1 coilover program.

ST Variant 1 Advantages:

-Matched damper and springs rates
-Corrosion resistant zinc plated threaded strut housing
-All around height adjustability
-Integrated elastromeric bump stop
-Self centering dust boot for insured durability

Suspension Techniques has the answers to all of these questions...
Speedtech Coilovers by KW

Yes you read right, by KW. ST Speedtech Coilovers are made by KW, the leading brand worldwide for height adjustable coilover systems. In fact ST is owned by KW automotive. Just think of ST as KW’s little brother!

What's the difference between KW coilovers and ST Coilovers? Four simple differences:

*Construction*
ST Speedtech Coilovers are constructed of high grade steel, and heavy galvanized for great rust protection.
KW Coilovers are made from INOX stainless steel, which is 100% rust free.

*Damper Options*
ST Speedtech Coilovers offer only a non-dampening adjustable solution along with the height adjustability, just like the KW V1’s.

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 11-30-2015 at 01:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 04:09 PM   #2
Bossman535
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine white

I guess you can be the Guinea pig and test it out for us
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 07:11 PM   #3
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman535 View Post
Lol! I did a Google search and found no reviews from anybody? Actually there were a couple and all they mentioned was the difference was inox and galvanized steel tubing.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 09:32 PM   #4
Bossman535
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Alpine white

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman535 View Post
Lol! I did a Google search and found no reviews from anybody? Actually there were a couple and all they mentioned was the difference was inox and galvanized steel tubing.
Hmm .. I would look up reviews for these coilovers on other cars (audis maybe) and see what people say. That'll probably give you a good idea on the quality.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2015, 01:58 AM   #5
Sticky4l
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Harley Davidson

I've run them on other cars. Made by kW, steal body instead of stainless and none rebuildable.

For a good cheap coil you can't go wrong...

That being said I have a set of Megan coils I am selling incredibly cheap. Msg me if your interested
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 08:25 AM   #6
Hasser
Major
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

i was looking at these for my mini cooper S JCW - for £515.

but having seen these are now steel and not stainless steel - I will not choose them.

need good corrosion resistance imo.
M235i - sold
Activehybrid 5 - sold
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 10:56 AM   #7
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasser View Post
i was looking at these for my mini cooper S JCW - for £515.

but having seen these are now steel and not stainless steel - I will not choose them.

need good corrosion resistance imo.
Agree! I'm sticking with the KW's still!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #8
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Agree! I'm sticking with the KW's still!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 11:28 PM   #9
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTalent View Post
you know who i'm gonna order it from!
Appreciate 0