2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes New ACS Springs.. or are they?

10-31-2015, 07:46 AM   #23
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chims View Post
As some have said before - these are the springs that should have come with the car as OE. After driving it tonight, I'm pretty happy with it. The car feels more stable when turning sharply or maneuvering around obstacles. The greatest thing is the lack of bounciness, the ride is firmer, but not hard or rough. This is a great spring rate - noticeably less nose drive when braking.

It's hard to know if I'm making it up but I am nearly sure that I can feel the slightly lower center of gravity that almost makes me want to adjust my seat settings and get used to slightly different view. I'm probably just trying to justify the difference though.

My other car is extremely low and I've spent many years worrying about speed bumps, and low driveways etc. I think this is just right, since my wife doesn't like to think about that stuff, and more shock travel is better. Any lower and I'd have to worry about scraping curbs when parking etc. It's just right for a daily driver and weekend cruiser.

I'm satisfied, but my ass is still sore after being raped by the auto shop. I'm going to have to find a mid-peninsula that fellow 5post members recommend.

Final note, if I were concerned about perfecting the look, I'd probably want to install ~15mm spacers on the rears, since this makes the wheels sit inside the wheel well.

Appreciate everyones input and support!
definitely post some pictures after they have settled.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0