2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW remains most profitable automaker despite "dieselgate" cartel scandals: study

08-29-2019, 07:13 PM   #1
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

BMW remains most profitable automaker despite "dieselgate" cartel scandals: study

I guess BMW is not doing bad at all.

http://www.xinhuanet.com//english/20..._136546657.htm

Quote:
BERLIN, Aug. 22 (Xinhua) -- German car producer BMW Group is the most profitable automaker worldwide despite scandals, a study shows on Tuesday.

Despite being at the heart of scandals surrounding diesel engine emissions and recent allegations of illegal collusion among German automotive firms, BMW had a profit of about 5.58 billion euros (6.6 billion U.S. dollars) on a revenue of 49.25 billion euros in the first half of the year.

According to the study of the accounting firm Ernst & Young (EY), BMW is then followed by Suzuki, Daimler, GM and Volkswagen.

"The profit situation has once again significantly improved compared to the previous year. The margins are now again above average in all three companies," EY auto expert Peter Fuss was cited by German news agency dpa.

In addition, the study shows that the three German automakers rely to large extent on sales in China, as every third new car were sold in the Chinese market. The highest rate was VW with 37 percent in the second quarter.
      08-29-2019, 07:28 PM   #2
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Very interesting. I would not have believed that. The number sold in China is Amazing! I doubt Germany will be interested in a trade with China. I am sure they are stealing BMW patents as we speak.
Appreciate 0