2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Coding out EDC F10 SUCCESS!

03-23-2017, 07:11 PM   #1
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Coding out EDC F10 SUCCESS!

Putting this out there for anyone searching for this definite answer just as I was to no avail.

Coding out EDC on the BMW F10 is possible.

I have successfully installed Megan Coilovers and personally coded out EDC through ESYS.

My 550 is equipped with Adaptive Drive, Dynamic Drive, and Dynamic Damper Control(EDC)

I simply VO coded out 2VA, 229, and 223 of my FA
Calculated FA
Wrote the FA to the car
Coded the following ECU's:
DSC
HU_CIC
KOMBI
ICM

Errors are now gone, I lost the option of "Comfort" mode but Normal, Sport, and Sport+ are there and functional.

Thanks to @roskinc for letting me know that he coded EDC out of his vehicle as well.
Appreciate 4
      03-24-2017, 07:30 AM   #2
NvrNuff_ForMe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVSRFR View Post
Putting this out there for anyone searching for this definite answer just as I was to no avail.

I have successfully installed Megan Coilovers and personally coded out EDC through ESYS.

My 550 is equipped with Adaptive Drive, Dynamic Drive, and Dynamic Damper Control(EDC)

Calculated FA
Wrote the FA to the car
DSC
HU_CIC
KOMBI
ICM

Errors are now gone, I lost the option of "Comfort" mode but Normal, Sport, and Sport+ are there and functional.

Thanks to @roskinc for letting me know that he coded EDC out of his vehicle as well.
I've got to say...your posting came at just the right time!
I will need to do this delete in about a week from now.

So thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 07:37 AM   #3
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

That's AWESOME bro! now post those pictures!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 03:29 AM   #4
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:

Calculated FA
Wrote the FA to the car
DSC
HU_CIC
KOMBI
ICM

Does your car have the hydraulic sway bars?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 10:35 AM   #5
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddylongtooth View Post
Does your car have the hydraulic sway bars?
I would assume so.

But it wouldn't matter now, if no signal goes to the sway bar, they go into failsafe mode and act as a normal sway bar.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 12:06 PM   #6
Sylverlee
Captain
Rep
Drives: White 535i M-Sport, 911 GTS

How do you like the Megan's?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 10:06 AM   #7
roskinc
Rep
Drives: e60

Glad it worked for you as well! I hated the error until I coded it out, and spent months trying get answers on coding it out.

I have kw v2 on my e60 and I have Megan's on my f10, and I love them. f10 rides way better than stock, super smooth. I'm gonna be adding m5 sways to make it even better.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2017, 07:07 AM   #8
Willisodhiambo
Kenya
Rep
Drives: 2010 F10 535i, Most options in

I have a question here. This means your OEM shock absorbers are the electronic type. Right? Did you take a look at them? If you have replaced them it means you did not need to align the replacement as is required for the OEM? I am looking at DIY replacement later on but I fear doing so without some alignment tool mentioned in ISTA. I wonder is I could align by taking before detailed measurements of angles, lengths, positions e.t.c
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 11:19 AM   #9
Stoich
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10

CIC to NBT

Hello,

I have change my system from CIC to NBT, in electric is everything OK, but i have no problems in coding, can anyone help?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 01:18 AM   #10
bmwfusion
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 bmw 535i

VNGVCE5, could you please, tell me what values did you deactivate in DSC, HU_CIC, KOMBI AND ICM? I have Done the first part with FA. But with these modules, i dont knwo what to look for in them. I looked for edc there.... i m trying to code out EDC on 2016 m235i . Right now i have chassis error on the dash and on control display and driving modes do not function (sport, sport+). Coilovers have been installed.
Please, help! I would greatly appreciate it. I ve tried looking for the info everywhere, but no luck.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #11
thakid22
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Bmw M340i M-Sport w/ VDC

Quote:

Calculated FA
Wrote the FA to the car
DSC
HU_CIC
KOMBI
ICM

This deletes EDC. Does ARS remain functional?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 05:01 PM   #12
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakid22 View Post
Quote:

Calculated FA
Wrote the FA to the car
DSC
HU_CIC
KOMBI
ICM

This deletes EDC. Does ARS remain functional?
In my case, this deleted anything related to electronic suspension, not just EDC because I also removed DDC and Adaptive Drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfusion View Post
VNGVCE5, could you please, tell me what values did you deactivate in DSC, HU_CIC, KOMBI AND ICM? I have Done the first part with FA. But with these modules, i dont knwo what to look for in them. I looked for edc there.... i m trying to code out EDC on 2016 m235i . Right now i have chassis error on the dash and on control display and driving modes do not function (sport, sport+). Coilovers have been installed.
Please, help! I would greatly appreciate it. I ve tried looking for the info everywhere, but no luck.
Thanks.
Sorry for the late reply, not sure with newer cars but you don't change any values. You simply code the ECU's because you changed the FA, the car will write to the ECU's without EDC related info.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 02:31 PM   #13
Jahwrk
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:

Calculated FA
Wrote the FA to the car
DSC
HU_CIC
KOMBI
ICM

Thank you, I successfully VO coded these modules out on my friends 535xi and now he can enter sport mode
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 03:40 PM   #14
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i 2011 F90 2020 COMP

thank you for the guide coded mine out!
Appreciate 1
SLVSRFR244.50
      05-26-2020, 07:59 PM   #15
gabypr
First Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2015 F10 535i

Garage List
Quote:

Calculated FA
Wrote the FA to the car
DSC
HU_CIC
KOMBI
ICM

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I just wanted to know if after coding do you have to disconnect the EDC modules or vice-versa? Any other function is lost when deleting edc via coding?

CQuartz UK 3 Ceramic Coating | GeoShield Pronano 50% Ceramic Window Film | M5 M Perf Steering Wheel | M6 Comp Pkg Mufflers | M Perf Floor Mats | CF Spoiler | RW CF Quad Setup Diffuser | RW CF Front Lip | CF Trim | BMW Interior Leds | M5 343 Wheels | Pure Stg 2 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 09:40 AM   #16
misfitHERO
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i

does anyone know if it works on bimmercode? ive tried looking but im not sure where to start
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 01:31 PM   #17
Ratnik
Banned
Rep
Drives: 530 xD Msport 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitHERO View Post
does anyone know if it works on bimmercode? ive tried looking but im not sure where to start
Cant do that with bimmercode bro. must have esys, pm me i can help you
if you have enet cable
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2021, 12:15 PM   #18
TechnoTuup
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i M-Sport F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratnik View Post
Cant do that with bimmercode bro. must have esys, pm me i can help you
if you have enet cable

Hi Ratnik. I have an ENET cable. Can you help me with programming this error out?

To everyone: What does FA mean and how do you calculate it?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 09:14 PM   #19
Jamesmick
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 Azurite Black

I recently add Bilstein coilovers on my 535i M-Sport and coded out my EDC. It left me with Eco, comfort and sport, but I lost sport+. Strange.
2003 530i (retired)
2000 C32 AMG (retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 12:20 PM   #20
skohlhepp
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesmick View Post
I recently add Bilstein coilovers on my 535i M-Sport and coded out my EDC. It left me with Eco, comfort and sport, but I lost sport+. Strange.
Anyone here that has done this should be able to answer, but did you have to unplug anything or just code it and it will work? Also you can use BimmerCode to add sport + back in if that’s something you want. I forget exactly what module it’s in but it’s definitely there.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 05:41 PM   #21
BoogeyMan'sBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by skohlhepp View Post
Anyone here that has done this should be able to answer, but did you have to unplug anything or just code it and it will work? Also you can use BimmerCode to add sport + back in if that’s something you want. I forget exactly what module it’s in but it’s definitely there.
Not sure if you can use BC to code Sport+, but you can use it to enable SAT which isn't entirely the same.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 03:02 PM   #22
Rogue75
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tacoma

About to code out edc. Does the module need to be unplugged aswell?
Appreciate 0