2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Extended Maintenance Package Sucks

09-21-2018, 10:39 PM   #1
550ihtown
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i 2014

Garage List
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
Recently my CPO had some smoke coming out from under the hood and I took the car to the dealership and they discovered a Valve Cover Gasket leak. As smart as the sales person was while selling the car to me, I thought the CPO warranty or he maintenance package should be able to cover this. But nope. They said the only thing that they cover is brake pads, spark plugs, wipers (seriously) and fluid topoffs. Piece of shit warranty. And my brake pads have been sitting on 6mm thickness for the past 7,000 miles. Looks like I burnt all that money for the extended maintenance.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 10:47 PM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550ihtown View Post
Recently my CPO had some smoke coming out from under the hood and I took the car to the dealership and they discovered a Valve Cover Gasket leak. As smart as the sales person was while selling the car to me, I thought the CPO warranty or he maintenance package should be able to cover this. But nope. They said the only thing that they cover is brake pads, spark plugs, wipers (seriously) and fluid topoffs. Piece of shit warranty. And my brake pads have been sitting on 6mm thickness for the past 7,000 miles. Looks like I burnt all that money for the extended maintenance.
The CPO WARRANTY covers the VCG; I had mine done on our 2012 535i. The MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT does not. It covers scheduled maintenance.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 11:00 PM   #3
550ihtown
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Quote:
The CPO WARRANTY covers the VCG; I had mine done on our 2012 535i. The MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT does not. It covers scheduled maintenance.
I emailed them asking for VCG repair under CPO or maintenance package but they turned a deaf ear. Will reach out their boss perhaps.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
I emailed them asking for VCG repair under CPO or maintenance package but they turned a deaf ear. Will reach out their boss perhaps.
Here's what's NOT covered...

https://cpo.bmwusa.com/Content/docs/...NotCovered.pdf

Quote:
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
The BMW
Certified Pre
-
Owned Protection P
lan and the BMW Certified Elite Protection Plan provide specific
coverage against defects in materials and workmanship. There are various items that are not covered by these
warranties for enrolled vehicles retailed
on or after January 1, 2014.
Vehicle Maintenance
Brake pads and rotors (discs), brake shoes and drums; filters; fluid replacement of a component by itself;
scheduled maintenance services; spark plugs; wiper blade inse
rts, blade assemblies/beams.
Upkeep
Adjustments; batteries (as a stand
-
alone repair);
driveshaft flex disc
(guibo coupling);
engine drive belts; exhaust
systems (including the gasoline engine catalytic converters, and the diesel engine “SCR” catalytic con
verter and
particulate filter); flywheel, ring gear and clutch disc contact area; fuses; manual and “SMG” transmission clutch
assemblies; oils, lubricants, fluids, refrigerants and coolant (except as required in the course of performing a
covered repair);
rubber engine and heater coolant hoses, vacuum hoses (including clamps and connectors); tires;
tire balancing and rotation; wheel alignment.
Suspension
Ball joints; bushings; center tie rod; coil springs

sagging (except for leveling system pneumatic/hy
draulic springs);
control arms and brackets
;
idler and pitman arms
;
stabilizer bar links and supports; strut elements/shock absorbers
(dampers); tie rod ends and adjusting sleeves; trailing arms
thrust struts; wishbones.
Body
Air leaks; body carriers,
cross members, supports, braces and mounts; body panels, body shell, walls, partitions
and chassis sheet metal; body noises, squeaks and rattles; body seals and gaskets; bulbs
-
incandescent, Xenon
and LEDs; convertible top (except for electrical/electroni
c components); damage due to rust, corrosion or
contamination; door brakes and checks; door handl
es and carriers (except fo
r
electrical/electronic components);
exterior moulding, trim and fasteners;
gas pressurized springs/struts; glass
-
side, sliding roo
f, rear and mirrors
(except for electrical/electronic components); latch and lock mechanisms and their related components
(except for
electrical/electronic components); paint finish; water leaks; wheels
and valve stems (except for electrical/electronic
com
ponents
)
; windscreen (including the sliding roof); windshield (except for the front rain sensor); wind noises.
Interior
Bulbs

incandescent and LEDs (except for the instrument cluster);
carpeting;
floor and trunk mats;
headliner/sliding roof liner
panel; interior noises, squeaks and rattles; interior dashboards, consoles, panels, covers, vents, grills, trims and fasteners (except cupholders);
seatbelt extender arm assembly (except for electrical/electronic components);
sunblinds(except for electrical/electronic components); sun visors (except for
electrical/electronic components); upholstery (except for seat heating elements and seat occupancy sensor mat).
Accessories (Standard and Optional)
All non
-
original equipment parts, components and
accessories
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 03:29 PM   #5
NinetyEight740
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2 - 2013 535i msport

Garage List
2010 E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Sounds like you don’t have a cpo warranty? Possibly only the maintenance package. Are you sure you have a cpo car?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 05:47 PM   #6
johnhva
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535ix

Garage List
14 BMW 535ix  [0.00]
04 BMW 325cic 5MT  [0.00]
16 BMW R1200RT  [0.00]
CPO should cover VCG. Take it to another dealer.
      09-22-2018, 09:26 PM   #7
550ihtown
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3 E93  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhva View Post
CPO should cover VCG. Take it to another dealer.
Thanks guys. Called the dealership back and they will gladly do the repairs. Feels great to look at the $1000 repair getting done for free.

Apparently it is my fault. The car is under my wife's name and when I dropped it off they thought that I was trying to get a free repair done since cpo doesn't transfer over.

Going to make those brakes work for the next few months so that I can get the pads replaced with the maintenance package.
Appreciate 3
Kyngofpop676.00
Ickdeep5706.00
      06-04-2023, 08:24 PM   #8
Hellboy550i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

Quote:
After CPO warranty , does bmw have the extended service warranty?or should u take 3rd party ones ?
Appreciate 0