2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Door seal?

05-27-2023, 01:24 PM   #1
Devosent
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535i xDrive

Door seal?

Hello everyone, I was wondering if any of you can help me out on this one. My F10's passenger door has a hard time opening from the inside and I'm assuming it's the ripped the seal around the door that's making it harder to open from inside. To be more specific I can open the door from the inside handle but instead of opening easily I have to use a slight amount of force to have it opened completely. Is it from the door seal or something mechanical, and is there a DIY way to repair it or just simply replace the entire thing, and what is the part to replace the seal? the one I found from RealOEM is "51767182269" but I want to make sure.
Thank you all, I will post an image if you guys like.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2023, 10:03 AM   #2
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

How hard is the door to open using the outside handle?

If it's much easier to open the door from the outside vs from inside handle, e.g. door does not stick, then I'd suspect that your interior handle, the cable from the handle to the door latch, or the door latch mechanism are faulty.

If you still suspect that the door seal is the problem, have you tries to clean the seal and the door jamb area? There are two seals, one on the door itself and one on the door frame..

Not sure this helps...maybe some more info?
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2023, 08:04 AM   #3
Devosent
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bimmer View Post
How hard is the door to open using the outside handle?

If it's much easier to open the door from the outside vs from inside handle, e.g. door does not stick, then I'd suspect that your interior handle, the cable from the handle to the door latch, or the door latch mechanism are faulty.

If you still suspect that the door seal is the problem, have you tries to clean the seal and the door jamb area? There are two seals, one on the door itself and one on the door frame..

Not sure this helps...maybe some more info?
Outside handle it's easy to open, interior handle is where its struggling. However I solved the issue using loctite super glue and just sealed over the tear on the foam door seal. now it's easy to open the door from the inside since the seal acts like a cushion, when that cushion is ripped open you have to open that door with some effort yourself and we all know as F10 owners how heavy the doors are. I appreciate the reply but I managed to find a solution. hopefully this helps other F10 owners who have the foam door seal cracked or ripped and trying to find a cheap fix to solve it.
Appreciate 0