2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum Chassis warning and air compressor replacement suggested - need second opinion

09-09-2022, 05:50 AM   #1
bimmersik
Registered
Rep
Drives: 520d GT M Sport

Chassis warning and air compressor replacement suggested - need second opinion

Hey Folks,

I've a 2014 520d GT M Sport.
It has been smoothly riding so far (got it 1 year ago) and the other day it suddenly throw this error: "chassis continue the journey at a moderate speed"

I tried things online:
* Drive at sport
* Turn off DSC
* Let it cool off for a couple of minutes.

It's not gone. So I took it to BMW official dealer. They ran diagnostics and this is the report:

Concern; chassis warning on display
Report: Carried out diagnosis test, confirmed concern. Worked through ABL, lower control time fault stored, Disconnect both air springs, air comes out. Compressor requires replacing as first stage of repair.

The bill they brought is really high, and they are saying that it may not be fixed even after changing that (maybe they have to say it for terms and conditions??). I can see online that the part (B37.20.6.875.176 I1D2 AIR SUPPLY) is around 300-600 euro in europe.

What do you think?
Appreciate 0