2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media Reverse camera not detected/greyed out?

12-19-2023, 06:41 PM   #1
chun1075
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535d

Reverse camera not detected/greyed out?

Hi all,
Hopefully someone can help me with this issue/point me to the right direction.
I purchased my F10 535d second hand from auction (so going back to dealer/seller for questions is not possible)
After driving this car for few weeks notice that this car come with surround view and reverse camera option.
However, when I put the car to "R", only the screen in the photo showed, which does not show any backup/surround camera views. Also, you can see the Reverse camera view option is greyed out on the left hand side.
Also, when I press the camera button near the gear, it does nothing (does to switch to any screen or response in any way)
I do have an aftermarket Android headunit, but I believe the Reverse camera function does not work in the original iDrive unit as well.
There is no error message in the system/shows when I in reverse/press the camera button, which I am very surprised as my car does come with the reverse camera and surround view function.
My question is: does anyone know what should be the starting point for me to resolve this?
Thank you so much for your time reading this.
Any suggestions help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 07:53 PM   #2
ChiltiCoatl89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 BMW 535i M Sport

Garage List
You'll have to find the Harness in which the Reverse camera is connected to, verify if that is damaged or severed, or spliced.
Appreciate 0