2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Bootmod3 for F10 535i

10-15-2019, 02:05 AM   #199
A Saab
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 535

I recently purchased a F10 535 and wanted to do some upgrades with tuning to gain Power any idea for a local shops in NJ in area of Bergen county ? Or near by. Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 08:46 AM   #200
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Saab View Post
I recently purchased a F10 535 and wanted to do some upgrades with tuning to gain Power any idea for a local shops in NJ in area of Bergen county ? Or near by. Thanks in advance
Tuning as in custom tuning? Apex Autowerks in Clifton has a dyno and does custom tuning, I think most track guys in the area go to them. They also have the only touchless tire mounting machine in the area, so also a good spot for that (apparently the machine was 30k... damn.)
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 09:32 AM   #201
A Saab
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 535

Unspec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Quote:
Tuning as in custom tuning? Apex Autowerks in Clifton has a dyno and does custom tuning, I think most track guys in the area go to them. They also have the only touchless tire mounting machine in the area, so also a good spot for that (apparently the machine was 30k... damn.)
Thanks for the info, I'm looking for a shop that works on BMW to increase performance.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 11:37 AM   #202
Unspec
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I'm looking for a shop that works on BMW to increase performance.
What does this mean. You're looking for a shop where you just drop the car off, say "make more power", have them decide what mods to install and purchase, then you just come back? If so, that's not a good idea, you always want to know what is installed and why it's installed, so that if something breaks you know where to look.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 11:37 PM   #203
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
I would look into all the bolt on's first like exhaust, DP, CP and intake. if you want more power after that than look into a flash tune
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 11:43 PM   #204
bin01123
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 750i

Garage List
2011 BMW 750i  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328I  [0.00]
Do they do transmissions as well?
      10-17-2019, 09:11 AM   #205
Unspec
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bin01123 View Post
Do they do transmissions as well?
There's a transmission tune yes, but you can't change any variables in it nor is there any kind of stages. It just removes torque limits for 3rd and 6th, and I THINK it improves shift speed. xHP is the way to go if you care about stages and altering shift points, but if you're just looking for something to improve the transmission a bit, bm3 is better bang for your buck.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 12:46 AM   #206
sweettalker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Vrooom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewLC View Post
I thought I was the only one with this "delay" issue. It's best described as an "artificial" turbo lag (there's no way this tiny turbo would have any lag) My car is a 6spd which I feel makes it more noticeable. I've tried stage 1 and stage 2 OTS maps, all have the same issue.

For a while I assumed it was a mechanical issue. I've done boost leak tests and smoke tests and everything checked out okay. I replaced the boost solenoid and this also made no difference. My next assumption was that my wastegate was failing or is worn. I have a pretty decent wastegate rattle and was going to try adjusting the wastegate actuator (which I've been slacking on doing as I'd have to remove the downpipe to do it correctly) to see if it made a difference.

I've also opened a ticket with PTF, tried to explain the issues and had them review my logs. They've told me that everything looks okay.

Although if multiple people are having this issue I'm starting to lean towards this being a tune issue? I would think if my wastage was causing this issue the wastegate duty cycle would have been out of wack and would have been caught by PTF reviewing the logs. From what I've seen there is very little development being done on the PWG N55 OTS maps considering the majority of bm3 users are n55/b58/s55 EWG vehicles

I am still having this issue. Ive tried alot of things like u. There is no boostleak. Nothing that needs attention. Plugs and oil has been changed but nothing changed.
It never did this when it was stock. Also when i am at more than 40 or 50percent WOT i still feel it because im sensitive to those things.
If anyone figured it out please pm me as i dont often check the boards anymore.
i am stumped and kinda gave up all hope. Btw i tried reflashing even messed with burble settings and changed from agg map to non agg map. Nothing.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 10:17 PM   #207
MatthewLC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettalker View Post
I am still having this issue. Ive tried alot of things like u. There is no boostleak. Nothing that needs attention. Plugs and oil has been changed but nothing changed.
It never did this when it was stock. Also when i am at more than 40 or 50percent WOT i still feel it because im sensitive to those things.
If anyone figured it out please pm me as i dont often check the boards anymore.
i am stumped and kinda gave up all hope. Btw i tried reflashing even messed with burble settings and changed from agg map to non agg map. Nothing.
I'm curious to know is your car a 2011? Does it have a DEC switch (sport button)?I'm fairly confident this is an issue related to 2011 F10 N55's.

Anyways, I did solve the problem with my car. In my situation it was tune related. Checked everything over and everything was good. Decided to start working on my own custom tune and I was able to resolve most of the drivability issues I was having (still working on getting a solid tune in). One of the things I did to test my theory was copy all the "sport" tables over to the "normal" tables and it helped significantly since I do not have a DEC switch to put my car in sport mode.

I tried raising this with PTF but they didn't seem too interested in assisting. Their solution was that I get a custom tune.

I'm convinced it's due to a lack refinement in the OTS maps. If you think about it, the N55 configuration found in the 2011 F10 N55 is really unique to that year/model(it's basically an E series N55 in an F series platform). No other F series platform (including 2012+ F10) shares the same engine/ecu configuration from my understanding. So I can see why they haven't spent too much time refining the OTS maps for this platform, it's such a small market share of their overall customers. Just look at the date of the last update to the OTS maps for this car. These maps haven't been updated in almost a year and a half. While all other F platforms seem to receive quarterly updates to the OTS maps.

Not sure how helpful this was? Take what I said with a grain a salt as it's all based on assumption. Especially if you have a 2012 or newer F10... lol
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 07:56 PM   #208
sweettalker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Vrooom

Quote:
I'm curious to know is your car a 2011? Does it have a DEC switch (sport button)?I'm fairly confident this is an issue related to 2011 F10 N55's.

Anyways, I did solve the problem with my car. In my situation it was tune related. Checked everything over and everything was good. Decided to start working on my own custom tune and I was able to resolve most of the drivability issues I was having (still working on getting a solid tune in). One of the things I did to test my theory was copy all the "sport" tables over to the "normal" tables and it helped significantly since I do not have a DEC switch to put my car in sport mode.

I tried raising this with PTF but they didn't seem too interested in assisting. Their solution was that I get a custom tune.

I'm convinced it's due to a lack refinement in the OTS maps. If you think about it, the N55 configuration found in the 2011 F10 N55 is really unique to that year/model(it's basically an E series N55 in an F series platform). No other F series platform (including 2012+ F10) shares the same engine/ecu configuration from my understanding. So I can see why they haven't spent too much time refining the OTS maps for this platform, it's such a small market share of their overall customers. Just look at the date of the last update to the OTS maps for this car. These maps haven't been updated in almost a year and a half. While all other F platforms seem to receive quarterly updates to the OTS maps.

Not sure how helpful this was? Take what I said with a grain a salt as it's all based on assumption. Especially if you have a 2012 or newer F10... lol
I have a 2012 lol. So all that long comment was...unhelpful hahaha. I still read it all tho. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 02:42 AM   #209
jonobro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettalker View Post
Quote:

I have a 2012 lol. So all that long comment was...unhelpful hahaha. I still read it all tho. Thanks
I have a 2011 535i N55 and I retrofitted DEC switch to have sport mode and Sport + and I completely see where your coming from my car kinda feels choppy when I switch to sport mode.. and I have supporting mods and flash tune ( BM3 )
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 11:55 AM   #210
CommoN81
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

I looked at a bunch of tunes/tuners and decided to go with AMR Flash Tune.

https://shop.amrperformance.com/

I know a few guys locally that have used them. Customer service is fantastic. You can send ECU or they can tune remotely or in the shop. I am all in for 1k. I didnt dyno yet but they estimate motor is making ~400-425hp and about the same in torque. Difference is night and day compared to stock. Once I add DP and IC I will have dyno'd and re-tuned. Car runs better than new, power is almost instant and it pulls hard/consistent through the powerband. Minimal turbo lag and no hesitation or stuttering when u get on it. Just smooth linear power.

The main reason I chose them was reputation. Tune does not just increase boost, it adjusts all parameters to ensure motor is running optimally. My only issue is I'm not getting any burble. They even opened just for me on a Sunday to see why it's not making burbles.

Long story short, I think they are worth at least a look if you are in need of a tune. If you contact them, tell them Manny sent you.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 12:29 PM   #211
Unspec
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommoN81 View Post

I know a few guys locally that have used them. Customer service is fantastic. You can send ECU or they can tune remotely or in the shop. I am all in for 1k. I didnt dyno yet but they estimate motor is making ~400-425hp and about the same in torque. Difference is night and day compared to stock. Once I add DP and IC I will have dyno'd and re-tuned. Car runs better than new, power is almost instant and it pulls hard/consistent through the powerband. Minimal turbo lag and no hesitation or stuttering when u get on it. Just smooth linear power.

The main reason I chose them was reputation. Tune does not just increase boost, it adjusts all parameters to ensure motor is running optimally. My only issue is I'm not getting any burble. They even opened just for me on a Sunday to see why it's not making burbles.

Long story short, I think they are worth at least a look if you are in need of a tune. If you contact them, tell them Manny sent you.
Holy cow 1k for an OTS tune essentially. Kinda yikes money. Is the dyno tune you plan on doing with them included in that price?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 12:55 PM   #212
CommoN81
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommoN81 View Post

Holy cow 1k for an OTS tune essentially. Kinda yikes money. Is the dyno tune you plan on doing with them included in that price?
No, next tune and dyno will be about 350. I agree tunes can be found for cheaper but I justified the price on service quality. These guys want you to be happy and are willing to do what it takes to get you there. Like opening on a Sunday just for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 12:48 AM   #213
fongchen
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i

Hi I've flashed bm3 OTS map for my 528i last week and I meet some trouble, I cannot accelerate over 210 km/h. Btw, it also have error code “118001” after flashing.
Does anybody have the same questions?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 01:57 AM   #214
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fongchen View Post
Hi I've flashed bm3 OTS map for my 528i last week and I meet some trouble, I cannot accelerate over 210 km/h. Btw, it also have error code “118001” after flashing.
Does anybody have the same questions?
That code could indicate your not getting enough fuel. Are you running e85? Do you have an open air filter? Or send the tune back with logs and check to see if AFRs are too lean.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #215
Unspec
Colonel
Rep

Just a heads up to everyone:

Firefox Preview on Android doesn't work for the bootmod3 app logins after FP's latest updates. Probably an out of date implementation of webview or something. Chrome still works. Hopefully we'll see this fixed soon, since Chrome has an assload of privacy issues.

Edit: Milan from protuningfreaks has confirmed that at this point, they have no intention to support Firefox. Very, very disappointing. All hail Chrome I guess, long may the spyware live.

Last edited by Unspec; 01-10-2020 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 03:02 PM   #216
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Just a heads up to everyone:

Firefox Preview on Android doesn't work for the bootmod3 app logins after FP's latest updates. Probably an out of date implementation of webview or something. Chrome still works. Hopefully we'll see this fixed soon, since Chrome has an assload of privacy issues.

Edit: Milan from protuningfreaks has confirmed that at this point, they have no intention to support Firefox. Very, very disappointing. All hail Chrome I guess, long may the spyware live.
Lol try the Brave browser

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r&hl=en_US
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 08:48 AM   #217
Unspec
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
Yea I've tried Brave. Not sure if it's my phone or something else, but it's significantly slower than Firefox Preview or Chrome.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 09:30 AM   #218
Unspec
Colonel
Rep

Does anyone know what PTF means by "Full Exhaust" for the AGG maps? Does it mean you need an entirely built exhaust (everything south of the downpipe), or will hi flow downpipe + axelback exhaust suffice?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 09:41 AM   #219
MatthewLC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i

Quote:
Does anyone know what PTF means by "Full Exhaust" for the AGG maps? Does it mean you need an entirely built exhaust (everything south of the downpipe), or will hi flow downpipe + axelback exhaust suffice?
"Full exhaust" basically refers to a catless downpipe.

The only difference with the AGG maps are the burbles. The default OTS settings for the burbles are way more "aggressive". Power wise, the maps are the same between aggressive and non aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 09:54 AM   #220
Unspec
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
"Full exhaust" basically refers to a catless downpipe.

The only difference with the AGG maps are the burbles. The default OTS settings for the burbles are way more "aggressive". Power wise, the maps are the same between aggressive and non aggressive.
Yup, I understand the power part, just wasn't clear on what they meant by "Full Exhaust". Thanks!
Appreciate 0