2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding NBT to NBT Evo Retrofit

09-06-2019, 09:27 AM   #1
cunnadkat
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series F10

NBT to NBT Evo Retrofit

Hi,

I am new to retrofitting. I have managed to get my hands on an NBT Evo HU and the screen. What else will i be needing and how difficult is this to install?
The unit comes with the blue gps which is something ive seen on the forum as to make the installation easier.

Has anyone got any steps? And would my NBT cables fit directly in? or will i need to find all the cables to go with the system.

If someone can do a breakdown of what extra pieces/parts i would need that would be amazing!

I imagine i will have to code the unit too, so any steps would be greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 08:49 PM   #2
jonobro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnadkat View Post
Hi,

I am new to retrofitting. I have managed to get my hands on an NBT Evo HU and the screen. What else will i be needing and how difficult is this to install?
The unit comes with the blue gps which is something ive seen on the forum as to make the installation easier.

Has anyone got any steps? And would my NBT cables fit directly in? or will i need to find all the cables to go with the system.

If someone can do a breakdown of what extra pieces/parts i would need that would be amazing!

I imagine i will have to code the unit too, so any steps would be greatly appreciated
I'm in the same shoes lol since ur HU has GPS it's not a US unit but a EU so it needs to be flashed and that can't be done remotely, I'm sending my unit to some guy in Hungary, what emulator are you using ?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 05:12 AM   #3
cunnadkat
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonobro View Post
I'm in the same shoes lol since ur HU has GPS it's not a US unit but a EU so it needs to be flashed and that can't be done remotely, I'm sending my unit to some guy in Hungary, what emulator are you using ?
Does it need to be flashed even if I’m in the EU?
I’m completely new so I literally only have the unit and screen, no atm(what is that) and no cables to go with anything. How can I flash/code the unit, and what extra parts would I need that would not already be in the NBT in the car?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 08:38 AM   #4
cunnadkat
Registered
Rep

Update, Has anyone mounted a G30 Screen into the F10? How did you do this and what does the end result look like
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 02:31 AM   #5
DayvG
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnadkat View Post
Update, Has anyone mounted a G30 Screen into the F10? How did you do this and what does the end result look like
I'm in the process of retrofitting a G11 screen to my F10, if successful pictures and a guide to follow
Appreciate 1
alistairk117.50