2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions PDC fail - need some help

09-23-2019, 01:39 PM   #1
Breach
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 520dA M Sport

PDC fail - need some help

I bought a new sensor and replaced it - same thing. Yes, I should have swapped sensors first, but I guess I was hopeful. So, it looks like wire corrosion, though nothing obvious. Could also be a JBE failure too, but I guess it's not very likely since all other sensors work (?) From what I can see there is a single rear PDC harness 61119336380 which goes all the way to JBE.

However:

1. On the bumper there is a very tight grommet where all wires go - ACC, PDC... not sure how I can remove it?
2. Not sure how to route the PDC harness all the way to JBE.
3. Not sure how to remove JBE to connect the new harness (I guess the entire glovebox has to be removed).

Any thoughts/tips/links much appreciated.

In the meantime, I'll try to run a wire from the sensor's connector to where the harness enters the bumper - perhaps I can bypass the breakage if it's in that section.

Last edited by Breach; 10-09-2019 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 06:06 AM   #2
marvel.marv
Rep
Drives: '17 G31 540ix, '16 F36 420i

The grommet is pushed in from the outside, at least in my touring.
It is filled with some kind of silicone or something, so if you're changing the loom you'd probably need a new one too. I can't seem to find a part number for it, here's a picture:

Did you try to take a look at the sensor plug? It should be watertight, perhaps some gasket failed? if so, the plug can be either cleaned up or replaced without replacing the entire set of cables.

The wires probably go along the right side of the vehicle, just by the footwells. It's fairly easy to route.

For the connections, you'd need to investigate the newtis database, such things are usually well described there. Taking you the glove box is not a big deal though.

Appreciate 0