2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Chassis Stabilization. Drive Moderately

05-23-2021, 12:21 AM   #1
20abimah
Rep
Drives: f10 535i

Chassis Stabilization. Drive Moderately

Need help asap. I was cruising on the highway when this came up all of a sudden and threw up every code for brakes abs and traction control. I tried to let the car be off for about an hour and turn it back on but the check engine light is still on and the car throws up all its signs. I also come out of my drive way to test if the codes come back up but I hear grinding from the front drivers side wheel and the cars abs starts to act up when I was braking lightly. Im not sure what the issue is and am really confused. Can anyone help?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 11:08 AM   #2
burro_blasta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20abimah View Post
Need help asap. I was cruising on the highway when this came up all of a sudden and threw up every code for brakes abs and traction control. I tried to let the car be off for about an hour and turn it back on but the check engine light is still on and the car throws up all its signs. I also come out of my drive way to test if the codes come back up but I hear grinding from the front drivers side wheel and the cars abs starts to act up when I was braking lightly. Im not sure what the issue is and am really confused. Can anyone help?
Obvi sounds like something's up with that wheel but the dash lights are too ambiguous. I'm assuming by "codes" you mean the dash lights? Since it seems you can't drive it, maybe there's a mobile mechanic in your area that can come and read the car's codes with a scan tool so you can get a clearer idea of the error is and be sure it needs to be towed...
      05-23-2021, 12:16 PM   #3
20abimah
Rep
Drives: f10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro_blasta View Post
Obvi sounds like something's up with that wheel but the dash lights are too ambiguous. I'm assuming by "codes" you mean the dash lights? Since it seems you can't drive it, maybe there's a mobile mechanic in your area that can come and read the car's codes with a scan tool so you can get a clearer idea of the error is and be sure it needs to be towed...
Just ordered a scan tool for the car today but I can still drive the car but it will start up with a check engine light and as soon as I step on the pedal all the lights pop up saying there is no abs and will go into limp mode. Im thinking its a battery issue because I did research and people are saying the car is very sensitive when the battery voltage is low but the car starts up perfectly fine so im really not sure what the issue is.
Appreciate 0