2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications DriveTrain malfunction, Bunch of codes, With logs

04-23-2023, 07:42 PM   #1
NYBimmer535
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i XDrive

DriveTrain malfunction, Bunch of codes, With logs

TLDR: pls help

Installed and MST intake about 3 days ago, Car ran fine for 2 days.
Today while getting my morning coffee, Car shut off? no codes. No lights. No nothing started right back up and drove fine
Pulled codes when i got to work
801C20: Central Fauly memory full
102002: Air Mass, plausibility: air mass too low
101f01: Throttle valve angle - absolute pressure intake manifold comparison: pressure too high

Cleared codes and decided to mess with the log feature because i was going to grab one. So this log happened to be in the parking lot at idle

on my way home at a stoplight car bogged really bad but did not turn off this time, Decided to go home and swap back to the stock intake as this was the only mod i had done and car had been fine previously.

After swapping everything back, Turned on the car and was greated with Drivetrain malfunction warning along with CEL and a list of codes the ones listed above and now
108001: Intake Air temp sensor, Electrical: short circuit to positive
108010: Intake air temperature sensor, Signal change: too fast
131501: VANOS, inlet, cold start: not adjustable
120408: Boost pressure control: shutdown as a follow-up reaction

I cleared these codes and decided to log the car again at idle, Started the car up, About 5 seconds go in, RPM shoot up to arouned 1500 CEL idle drops and comes up again and then settles back to normal

This time i do the log and get this

half of the sensors are missing?

What did i break
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 08:24 PM   #2
NYBimmer535
Rep

Update on the issue

- Replaced MAF, and all Air pressure/maf related codes cleared and stayed cleared. However car still ran like crap with DTM returning with the same codes for VANOS inlet

-Pulled both vanos, Cleaned them, Swapped them.
Car started fine this time, Idle normal for about 3-4 min, Then bogged way down and therw 131501: VANOS, inlet, cold start: not adjustable again, Cleared it a second time, Car started again just fine, Idled for about 3-4 more min no issue, Went for a mile drive, Parked and idled again for a couple min no issues.

the 131501: VANOS, inlet, cold start: not adjustable is still stored in permanant codes. so im not sure if that will clear on its own?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 07:57 PM   #3
Swordsman
Rep
Drives: 2012 528i, 2017 X3, 2003 E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBimmer535 View Post
Update on the issue

- Replaced MAF, and all Air pressure/maf related codes cleared and stayed cleared. However car still ran like crap with DTM returning with the same codes for VANOS inlet

-Pulled both vanos, Cleaned them, Swapped them.
Car started fine this time, Idle normal for about 3-4 min, Then bogged way down and therw 131501: VANOS, inlet, cold start: not adjustable again, Cleared it a second time, Car started again just fine, Idled for about 3-4 more min no issue, Went for a mile drive, Parked and idled again for a couple min no issues.

the 131501: VANOS, inlet, cold start: not adjustable is still stored in permanant codes. so im not sure if that will clear on its own?
Did all the codes finally clear?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 03:05 PM   #4
NYBimmer535
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman View Post
Did all the codes finally clear?
Sorry for late reply, Yes After cleaning both VANOS, Swapping them, And then clearing codes 3x. The codes finally stayed off and the car runs semi-decent. It has somewhat of a small missfire on cold start idle, Im chalking it up to possibly bad plugs? Thought it was the MST intake as im having an issue with that, But back to stock intake for the time being and its still there so

Im waiting for oil, Trans kit, And plugs to come and ill be swapping them all together.

Its been like 3 weeks now and still no codes related to VANOS or anything major. There is some weird codes that do come from time to time, But from what i can tell thats because of MHD and xHP
Appreciate 0