2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications F10 N55 VRSF Intercooler Pre-release Install And Review!

03-20-2019, 09:29 PM   #89
burro_blasta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535 M Sport

It'll be g plus or Wagner for me...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 10:32 PM   #90
neejay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro_blasta View Post
It'll be g plus or Wagner for me...
Yep. It's been over a month now, without complete resolve (excluding you can modify or have a mechanic fabricate).
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 12:37 AM   #91
top ramen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Schwarz II 535i

I agree with burro_blasta. Since VRSF have so many issue right now ebay g-plus intercooler seems like the best option. It's basically a Wagner replica at 1/4 the price. Same tube and bar design; that's what a member at the other post said.

To find it on Ebay you have to type in f01 intercooler. It wont show up if you search f10 intercooler.

Cheapest I found is $226.90. Last week Ebay had a 15% off coupon on entire purchase so you could get it for under $200. If you missed out , Ebay have those coupon out every other month it seems like so keep you eyes out.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 07:14 AM   #92
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
I'm not big on brand disputes but seeing as how the brand mentioned is a fly by night direct from china brand advertised in our intercooler thread, we're forced to defend our product.

The internal and external fin pack within an intercooler are extremely detrimental to not only the performance of an intercooler but most importantly the reliability. Most knock off/no name brands that are peddled on ebay are simply an attempt for manufacturers to recoup their material costs on products that didn't pass QC testing. The most common reason these are resold on eBay at cost is due to poorly brazed internal fin packs which leads to loose impediments within the intake tract (can potentially cause damage to your motor). Another common issue is lack of QC in regards to pressure testing which leads to premature turbo failure along with a loss of performance due to leaky cores.

With that said, we have literally 78 confirmed installs using the existing hardware along with unbiased, third party logs that prove how how well our intercooler performs. Each of these intercoolers were installed using the provided bracket and our replacement hardware.

Last edited by Tiago@VRSF; 03-21-2019 at 07:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 09:31 AM   #93
harris69
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1997 M3/4, 1984 533i,1997 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
I'm not big on brand disputes but seeing as how the brand mentioned is a fly by night direct from china brand advertised in our intercooler thread, we're forced to defend our product.

The internal and external fin pack within an intercooler are extremely detrimental to not only the performance of an intercooler but most importantly the reliability. Most knock off/no name brands that are peddled on ebay are simply an attempt for manufacturers to recoup their material costs on products that didn't pass QC testing. The most common reason these are resold on eBay at cost is due to poorly brazed internal fin packs which leads to loose impediments within the intake tract (can potentially cause damage to your motor). Another common issue is lack of QC in regards to pressure testing which leads to premature turbo failure along with a loss of performance due to leaky cores.

With that said, we have literally 78 confirmed installs using the existing hardware along with unbiased, third party logs that prove how how well our intercooler performs. Each of these intercoolers were installed using the provided bracket and our replacement hardware.
It's not the quality of the intercooler that is in question but rather the excuses (whether hardware related, or product release dates) that are alienating customers from the brand..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 11:02 AM   #94
burro_blasta
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris69 View Post
It's not the quality of the intercooler that is in question but rather the excuses (whether hardware related, or product release dates) that are alienating customers from the brand..
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 01:06 PM   #95
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5, E46 330i, R56 Mini.S

Quote:
Quality should be in question. Every VRSF product I've ever installed was more work that it should be to make it work, if it didn't need to be outright modified to work, if it even could be modified to work.

Tiago is full of excuses and BS, that is all you can really count on him for.
Appreciate 2
paul223410.00
      03-21-2019, 01:07 PM   #96
neejay
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Well said, and communication. The only time we get an update is if someone posts/complains in this thread. There's "confirmed" cases of both working and NOT working, by self-installers and by mechanics (before having to modify or fabricate).
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 01:16 PM   #97
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
We're doing our best to get the two brackets in stock but when it's all said and done, brackets aren't going to lower your intake temps.

The existing setup can be installed without issue with the existing hardware and we're offering free replacement mounting brackets once they become available.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 03:47 PM   #98
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stück View Post
Quality should be in question. Every VRSF product I've ever installed was more work that it should be to make it work, if it didn't need to be outright modified to work, if it even could be modified to work.

Tiago is full of excuses and BS, that is all you can really count on him for.
I'm truly sorry to hear that, if you shoot us a PM with your order numbers I'll be more more than happy to assist with whatever issues you may have had with us in the past. We're only happy when our customers are happy
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 07:12 PM   #99
Proimport
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i

To bad the radiator covers it all up.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2019, 11:11 PM   #100
fadabb
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i M Sport

Unfortunately I also ordered one of these intercoolers and found washers and stuff scattered all over the box. Luckily I removed the entire contents and discovered that before chucking the box. Now after checking the forums about install I realize brackets that were supposed to be included are not there. I sent an e-mail just nowto support requesting these. Previously I sent an e-mail to vrsf requesting information on 3/4. They responded same day asking for my order number which i sent 3/5. Up to today 3/21 I have not received a response with the info requested.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 04:07 PM   #101
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5, E46 330i, R56 Mini.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
I'm truly sorry to hear that, if you shoot us a PM with your order numbers I'll be more more than happy to assist with whatever issues you may have had with us in the past. We're only happy when our customers are happy
We literally have dozens upon dozens of PM's and emails where we've gone over my grievances in length and you say you'll do XYZ but in all actuality nothing ever happens.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 06:48 PM   #102
burro_blasta
Lieutenant
Rep

It wouldn't be difficult to list Tiago's posts going back to...July?...saying the IC release was only weeks away.

Couple that with the actual release riddled with bent fins, missing hardware, and more misleading responses (assuming you got a response...) about delivery dates - this time for the missing hardware - and it's easy to see why people are fed up with vrsf.

I think we're a pretty reasonable group here....if we were told production was six months away I think most would have been cool with that. And if we were then told that there was a mix up with brackets and it would take weeks, not days, to deliver the fix I think most would have understood.

That's not what happened, and at this point I don't have the trust in vrsf to buy from them. Money talks, and mine says that these customer service issues are bad enough that I'd rather pay for a brand with a better reputation for customer service.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 08:34 PM   #103
harris69
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro_blasta View Post
It wouldn't be difficult to list Tiago's posts going back to...July?...saying the IC release was only weeks away.

Couple that with the actual release riddled with bent fins, missing hardware, and more misleading responses (assuming you got a response...) about delivery dates - this time for the missing hardware - and it's easy to see why people are fed up with vrsf.

I think we're a pretty reasonable group here....if we were told production was six months away I think most would have been cool with that. And if we were then told that there was a mix up with brackets and it would take weeks, not days, to deliver the fix I think most would have understood.

That's not what happened, and at this point I don't have the trust in vrsf to buy from them. Money talks, and mine says that these customer service issues are bad enough that I'd rather pay for a brand with a better reputation for customer service.
Agreed! And puts serious doubt into VSRF claims that they had done extensive testing and made several revisions to the intercooler. And , if they did why were the hardware issues not caught before the product was released?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 12:48 AM   #104
neejay
Private First Class
Rep

I thought this was interesting, for them to be a "fly by night direct from china brand" according to Tiago: https://f10.5post.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=39

Last edited by neejay; 03-23-2019 at 01:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 08:02 AM   #105
harris69
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neejay View Post
I thought this was interesting, for them to be a "fly by night direct from china brand" according to Tiago: https://f10.5post.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=39
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 12:02 PM   #106
MOBF10
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp

Lets be honest guys. VRSF is selling products cheaper than other manufacturers on the market and claim to be superior. This is marketing 101. You can't expect to pay less and get more, or equal to be honest. The competitors $900 IC is pricey but how often do you hear complaints about quality?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 07:36 AM   #107
neejay
Private First Class
Rep

Still waiting on the correct brackets for a piece of mind, still no updates.
      04-26-2019, 09:31 PM   #108
ziekxq
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBF10 View Post
Lets be honest guys. VRSF is selling products cheaper than other manufacturers on the market and claim to be superior. This is marketing 101. You can't expect to pay less and get more, or equal to be honest. The competitors $900 IC is pricey but how often do you hear complaints about quality?
Quality aside, the product should come complete. I had my mechanic do modification which cost time and money that I shouldnt had to pay for if the product would of came complete with correct hardware. $500+ is still a premium and should be expected to have all working hardware.

But I dont care for small mistakes like that... the intercooler it self does the job as it was advertised and that mattered the most to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 09:42 PM   #109
neejay
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziekxq View Post
Quality aside, the product should come complete. I had my mechanic do modification which cost time and money that I shouldnt had to pay for if the product would of came complete with correct hardware. $500+ is still a premium and should be expected to have all working hardware.

But I dont care for small mistakes like that... the intercooler it self does the job as it was advertised and that mattered the most to me.
That's the thing though: of course someone could "make it work", but it's not advertised as such.

Tiago's attitude thus far has been: you *should* be able to use the included brackets (although he can't 100% confirm, with us as being proof), you *should* be able to mount using the top hole, and/or "brackets won't give you extra hp".

If it had been advertised as "can't guarantee fitment and fabrication maybe required", I'd have gone with Wagner or waited and took my chance with an $300 eBay version which is always hit or miss.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 10:18 PM   #110
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by neejay View Post
That's the thing though: of course someone could "make it work", but it's not advertised as such.

Tiago's attitude thus far has been: you *should* be able to use the included brackets (although he can't 100% confirm, with us as being proof), you *should* be able to mount using the top hole, and/or "brackets won't give you extra hp".

If it had been advertised as "can't guarantee fitment and fabrication maybe required", I'd have gone with Wagner or waited and took my chance with an $300 eBay version which is always hit or miss.
I completely understand your frustration but please stop spreading misinformation. Our product doesn't require fabrication and we can absolutely guarantee fitment
Appreciate 0