2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Help for Newbie please regarding Bluetooth

01-29-2020, 02:51 AM   #1
AhmedSalem
Registered
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535i

Garage List
2011 BMW F10  [0.00]
Unhappy Help for Newbie please regarding Bluetooth

Dear all,

I was hesitate to ask due to two things:
1-My English and Grammer
2-The questions might be silly for most of you to be answered.

so I did a lot of searches to find a solution/answer to my queries but i wasn't able to find one.

I would like to introduce myself, my Name is Ahmed Salem and two days ago i brought BMW F10_535i_2011 model.

My Query as follows:

Near the Idrive, there is a button for Telephone and also on the steering wheel there is buttons for Bluetooth voice activation and answering phone calls.
The problem is i can't find in the I Drive any option for neither Bluetooth nor external devices, nothing at all, and if i pressed on any of the above-mentioned buttons nothing happen.
and the menu is very poor compared to some videos on youtube.
I thought it might be an-upgrade issue , so i downloaded the latest Multimidea software from BMW website and copied it to a flash memory (FAT32) then i attached it to the USB input in the glove box, but unfortunately even in the settings of the Idrive , i wasn't able to find software update!!!
the latest 7 digits of my VIN is C727755, and as per www.realoem.com, the manufacturing date is 12-2010.
I need to connect my phone to receive and send calls handsfree, i know that i will not be able to play music from my mobile, kindly help me.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 10:19 AM   #2
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that your car comes with bluetooth media connectivity, as you need at least 6NH (Basic Handsfree Bluetooth). So you won't find bluetooth under external devices. Additionally, your car is too early in the F10 generation to support usb software updates.

To connect the phone to the car for just basic telephone options, this video should be able to help.

Last edited by Unspec; 01-29-2020 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0