2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F10 Angle Eyes LED Not Working: "Voltage too high"

10-05-2022, 02:12 AM   #1
Anwar1995
Private
Oman
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i

F10 Angle Eyes LED Not Working: "Voltage too high"

Hello everyone,

I Have a 535i 2014 LCI F10 and when I bought the car from the previous owner he told me that the car previously had a front end accident which led to some parts being replaced mainly the front bumper, headlights and front impact bar. When I received the car from him all of the LEDs on the passenger side headlight were not working, but turn signal and the low and high beam were working perfectly.

Now the new headlights are OE Hella headlights. In the driver headlight he was able to use the old TMS module from the old headlight but according to him the passenger side TMS module was mishandled by the shop that fixed the vehicle and it was damaged. He pushed them to give him a replacement module but they brought him a different TMS module which may be for the pre-LCI (tbh I donno) but it looks different from the original one on the driver side.

I took the car to a shop that I know and we replaced the TMS module on the passenger side with a similar module like the original one but to be honest I kinda cheaped out on it as I have bought it from AliExpress (OEM is 4 times the cost). We coded it and many of the codes are gone and now the "eyebrow" LED is working but the Angel Eyes LEDs are still not working.

There is one check that is popping up on the Idrive which is "Daytime Running Lights LED malfunction" and thats it. I have a small scanner dedicated to BMWs and it shows the following codes:

805E3E Daytime Driving lights: voltage higher than target value
805E3A Daytime Driving lights: Current lower than target value
805E32 Daytime Driving lights: Function defective

Has anyone faced those errors before or had any experience with fixing them?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 08:14 PM   #2
knuther
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d

did you ever get resolution out of this i am facing the same issue and errors
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 08:18 PM   #3
Anwar1995
Private
Oman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuther View Post
did you ever get resolution out of this i am facing the same issue and errors
Yes, turned out that the LED bulbs for the angle eyes are faulty. There are 2 in each headlight. Just replace them with new ones and make sure the semi transparent seals are there to avoid water ingress. Then initialize the headlights via ISTA and all should be good.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 12:44 PM   #4
sachaja
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 M3

I have a similar problem except the halos (circles) are working but the led strip above the halos is not. Do you know if one bulb works the halos and the other bulb lights the strip above it?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 01:20 PM   #5
Anwar1995
Private
Oman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachaja View Post
I have a similar problem except the halos (circles) are working but the led strip above the halos is not. Do you know if one bulb works the halos and the other bulb lights the strip above it?
Not sure to be honest but my best guess is the LED strip above the halos is integrated within the headlight assembly. Try to initiallize the headlights first and check if they light up during the process. If so then it might be a wiring issue or the headlight module might be faulty.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 02:58 PM   #6
sachaja
Private
Rep

I replaced the old headlight with a newer used one that was in better shape. I used the module from the old headlight which was working great before I pulled it out. So I don't believe i would need to reprogram anything but not entirely sure? I did replace the 2 led modules with brand new ones before I reinstalled the headlight..... what do you mean by initializing ?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 03:08 PM   #7
Anwar1995
Private
Oman
Rep

"Initializing" is what ISTA calls the function to adapt the headlight components together (coding them to work and talk to eachother). From what I know, even if you changed one component you have to do this initialization process for the headlight components to work even if some of them were old and working perfectly before. sorry if my explaining is not that good. I am not a technician but I am trying my best to help.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 04:34 PM   #8
sachaja
Private
Rep

Thnx for your response. I really have no idea what it could be so any ideas you have are appreciated. Everything else on the headlight seems to be working. Eg...headlight ,high beam, turn signal,adaptive headlight steering, halos. I also replaced
the other headlight at the same time and that one works perfectly? ....
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 05:11 PM   #9
Anwar1995
Private
Oman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachaja View Post
Thnx for your response. I really have no idea what it could be so any ideas you have are appreciated. Everything else on the headlight seems to be working. Eg...headlight ,high beam, turn signal,adaptive headlight steering, halos. I also replaced
the other headlight at the same time and that one works perfectly? ....
Then I think its just a matter of initialization and they should work as intended.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 08:36 PM   #10
sachaja
Private
Rep

Ok thnx I'll give it a shot
Appreciate 0