2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 800FC8 Lin bus, headlight driver module (TMS), Left: comunication Fault

03-04-2023, 06:44 AM   #1
Wonsu
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw F10

800FC8 Lin bus, headlight driver module (TMS), Left: comunication Fault

Hello everyone!
Its my first post on this forum, so its kinda cheesy asking for help, but still
I can't solve my problem without your help. I'm too stupid for this I guess.

Soo...
I've this F10 Bmw with Lin Error for left headlight TMS.
Sometimes when it was wet outdoor i got errors about left indicator, daylights, parking lights etc.
But it worked fine after a while. Got car into local workshop for checking.
They diagnosed that water got into left headlight, apparently.
They changed left TMS and right TMS, coded etc. Headlights got sealed, cleaned. At least thats what they said.

But the problem now is that car is behaving as if I had two right side headlights. I mean, there is this error 800FC8 for left headlight lin that never goes away, but error for right headlamp doesn't appear even with right headlight disconnected. But if i disconnect both headlights then there is error for right headlight lin. Doesn't matter which headlight i connect, the right headlights lin bus error will disappear (as if i had two right headlights coded for some reason). When I use left indicator, then nothing happens in front headlights (only left side mirror and rear lamp indicator works), but when I use right indicator then rights side indicators work fine, but also front left indicator works for some reason (that's also why i guess that car thinks there are 2 right headlights).

I changed (again) both TMS, i changed FRM. Coded FRM with Esys and literally nothing changed. There is no TMS modules in SVG tree to code, but I read its nothing weird in some cases. I can't do ISTA+D initalization for Indicators cuz it says there is Lin Bus error with TMS module.
Even if i replace right headlight with left headlight literally nothing changes. Still no left indicator, and both indicators work on right indicator switched.

I replaced lin wire for left headlight. Even changed lin wire for left and right side in FRM plug. Nothing changed. Checked 12v+, acc+ and ground for headlights. Everything seems fine. Its exactly like in wiring diagram i attached.

So... Do you have any idea what else i can try?
I can't find problem like mine nowhere...
Thanks for all your help, and sorry if my English sucks

VIN of the car: WBAFV31020DP47763
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 05:31 AM   #2
kammy6000
Rep
Drives: bmw f11 530d bmw x5530d

hi, TMS modules dont show in tree they are part of group frm , did you solve it ?

are your headlights AHL xenon (adapative) or standard
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 08:35 PM   #3
EVO_F10
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

I'm going through something similar as well with my driver-side headlight unit. Apparently, the f10 model is notorious for leaky headlight units. Fortunately for me, I was able to find a used OEM headlight housing and TMS module for my 535i. Once I installed the new driverside headlight, I took it to the dealer, where they flashed the new TMS module and were able to rewrite the proper code. This cleared the adaptive headlight and the left headlight malfunction code on my dash.

Sure enough, when I turn my wheel to the left and right, I can see both headlights move. Perhaps try taking it to the dealer and have them flash the computer with the correct code for your car.

For reference, this cost me $438 to do.

However, I'm still not out of the woods with this problem since the new issue now is that my Halo on my driver's side is not working. When I did the headlight swap, I changed out everything with new parts but the HID ballast, or as they called it, the halo computer. The dealer is saying now that I need to change that part out in order to get my halos daytime running lights working again.

So, for now, the mission continues. Let us know how you make out. I'll follow up with an update once I get this issue resolved.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 03:46 PM   #4
TZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xDrive, 2014 435i CO

"800FC8 Lin bus, headlight driver module (TMS), Left: communication Fault"

Hi OP
Did you solve the problem? I am having the same issue with code 800FC8 and malfunction on me left turn light and Daylight running light.
My headlight had condensation a couple day before. However, I disassembled left headlight assembly. I don't see any water or corrosion on the control module. They all look clean. Put it back and the code stays.

Service Manual: www.newtis.info
Part: http://www.realoem.com

Last edited by TZ; 03-13-2024 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 0