2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Alabama college student walks almost 20 miles overnight to first day of work
Closed Thread

07-18-2018, 04:35 PM   #23
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
I live in FL where public transit doesn't exist, but Uber does make it easier. When I was in NY visiting, between the subway and Uber, I had a very easy time getting around. It was awesome.
My thumb was my uber of my day. I could easily throw out the thumb and within 5 minute got a ride down the road for a few miles, few time had people take me to the exact spot i need to be at. I never see anyone hitchhiking. I wonder if this kid ever thought about doing that.

I had a friend who hitchhiked his way across the US, plan to take a month and did it in 7 days, got picked up by trucker who drove him most of the way. Part of his scam so to say, he had a gas can that he cut the bottom out and put a door on it and he used it to store his cloths and stuff but people thought he ran out of gas so they stopped and picked him up. As I said most people are nice and do like to help people out especially in the south and mid west.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 05:37 PM   #24
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
This countries needs more stories like this and there are lots of them. People are generally nice to one another.
Unfortunately for every one story like this there are 10 negative ones. The media's objective is to consistently make us outraged at something and divide us. It fills their pockets while destroying our nation in the process.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 06:01 PM   #25
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Or perhaps he wanted to walk 500 miles, and 500 more...just to be the man who walked a thousand miles to fall down at their door
What are you proclaiming here?

Not sure if I read that he wanted to join the Marines? If so, hats off.
Appreciate 1
Darth One6612.50
Closed Thread