2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F10 mods questions??

07-04-2018, 03:34 PM   #1
ss2marc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

F10 mods questions??

Hello all, so after enjoying the car for a bit the mod bug is back.

After looking through the forums and using google search. I still have questions and would be interested in all of your suggestions and opinions. So here it goes.....

I do like the luxury trim package on my car, but wish it had a bit more aggressive stance to the car. On that note, I'm interested in seeing if I can change the front bumper and rear bumper to an Msport or something similar. Does anyone know what's involved?

The reason of changing the rear bumper is to allow a different exhaust to go on, not sure why BMW is going with these trapezoid exhaust tips. Hah call me old fashion, but I still like the look of twin round pipes. Any recommendations. I'm considering a Dinan exhaust, but I would like to get other opinions of other brands or what have you all done?

I'm seeing multiple options for tunes, not entirely sure who to use here. My last tuned car was from the dark side. I had a w203 Mercedes C32, with full Renntech package, 19" rims, and full KW3 suspension for it. BMW, I have no clue and would like some guidance here.

Rims, I'm leaning towards getting 20" rims with mich. pilot sport plus. Where can I find good price on them. Anyone board sponsors good to work with?

This is a start at least for now. Thanks for taking the time to check in. Happy 4th everyone!

2015 BMW 550xi, (Sold)
space gray, dakota venetian beige, Luxury, cold weather package, driver assistance plus, executive package, lighting package, luxury seating package, enhanced Bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 10:22 PM   #2
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

I changed mine to the MSPORT rear bumper because i wanted a DTM Carbon Fiber Diffuser to go along with Meisterschaft exhaust with quad 90mm tips.

I also upgraded the side skirts to the MSPORT as the contours blend well with the rears.

As an added touch 3d Carbon Fiber side skirt extensions added to give it that aggressive look

Kept the OEM front as i liked the 3d Carbon Fiber spoiler

As far as recommendations for an exhaust i believe the Dinan's only come in a single tip. How much do you plan on spending on an exhaust as they range anywhere from $500-2500.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2
Ickdeep5720.50
ss2marc10.50
      07-04-2018, 10:32 PM   #3
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Since you're already familiar with KW i would stick with that. Adjust to whatever Stance you want as you know you can't go wrong with KW!

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 10:42 PM   #4
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

As far as wheels i was sponsored by GetYourWheels for a set of custom 21" wheels. I know you're looking for 20's but i really haven't seen too much talk around here with companies looking for sponsorships. Here's what i had them make for me Alpha Forged 21" Matte Antique Bronze finish with Titanium Black Hardware

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 10:36 AM   #5
ssgm1x
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i & 2018 M3

Great pics!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 01:11 PM   #6
ss2marc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Impressive Isturbointeg.....Thank you for that great explanation! Your car looks amazing.
Answering your questions......
Exhaust:
You bring up a great point on how much I want to spend. I'm budgeting somewhere around $1500.00 for an exhaust. As anything else in life we all want to spend less and get more bang for the buck. I necessarily don't need to go with Dinan. Just want an exhaust to sound a bit louder, but not to drone. if that makes any sense?? Are there any brands out I should consider and any I should stay away from?

Suspension:
Ok, KW's it is, I'm guessing my xdrive came with a base suspension, since it it the luxury platform. I'm assuming I'm correct on that theory? When looking up the vin, I couldn't see any indication having any other type of suspension on it.

Wheels:
Been looking and looking....lol. Can't make up my mind.
Im inclined to go with either matte or gloss back wheels. Not looking to make my rims a huge expense either, unfortunately cars in my area are often targets for theft. Looking around I know I definitely don't want reps. Any recommendations on brands to consider? I was thinking of not spending more the $400 a wheel. Would like something less weight then the factory rims though.

2015 BMW 550xi, (Sold)
space gray, dakota venetian beige, Luxury, cold weather package, driver assistance plus, executive package, lighting package, luxury seating package, enhanced Bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 02:36 PM   #7
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

For $1500 you're probably looking at a Remus setup. For $2k+ Armytrix, Meisterschaft, Akrapovic. If you want OEM you could see if you can find a used M5/M6 Exhaust. You can check out site sponsor Mike from XPH for your exhaust, suspension and tuning needs. https://www.x-ph.com/

For the KW's because you're XDrive the only version available is the KWV3. Pretty pricey for those but there is another coilover company called CKS which is a little bit cheaper. You can find the link on the Commercial Forum.

Your wheels if you're budgeting at $400 per i would look into HRE's, Vorsteiner, Adv1's, BBS or Avant Garde.

It's really all on you and your preference that will determine in the long run what you end up spending. Some of the members here know how many years it took me to build my car whereas some members can do it in 6 months. Anyhow good luck with the build and keep us posted
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 02:41 PM   #8
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Hopefully others will chime in with their experience
Appreciate 0