2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2021: British GP - Silverstone (July 18)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-29-2021, 11:50 AM   #1211
Killed by Death
Colonel
Killed by Death's Avatar
Ukraine
5764
Rep
2,089
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 243Racing View Post
It's a pretty clever and cutting insult, I hope it doesn't have any truly awful connotations because I'm about to start using it in iRacing.
Might wanna check with a Brit...Thinking it's the American equivalent of calling someone "Retarded." Probably pretty harsh unless joking around with friends and not for use in public?
__________________
Appreciate 2
M5Rick29048.00
      07-29-2021, 11:52 AM   #1212
243Racing
Banned
1439
Rep
1,374
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Might wanna check with a Brit...Thinking it's the American equivalent of calling someone "Retarded." Probably pretty harsh unless joking around with friends and not for use in public?
As per usual, the Brit term is more incisive. If it's like saying "you're such a retard, you don't even know how retarded the thing you just did is", then I think it's a fantastic addition to my vocabulary
Appreciate 2
      07-29-2021, 11:56 AM   #1213
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
Ukraine
29048
Rep
12,104
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 243Racing View Post
It's a pretty clever and cutting insult, I hope it doesn't have any truly awful connotations because I'm about to start using it in iRacing.
Apparently it's a popular name call by students here on ones lacking intelligence
Appreciate 3
      07-29-2021, 12:02 PM   #1214
243Racing
Banned
1439
Rep
1,374
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Apparently it's a popular name call by students here on ones lacking intelligence
So basically the kind of thing Jeremy Clarkson would get letters of complaint for saying
Appreciate 3
      07-29-2021, 12:04 PM   #1215
Killed by Death
Colonel
Killed by Death's Avatar
Ukraine
5764
Rep
2,089
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
This is why supporting a driver and team who make such statements and condone such outbursts is impossible. They have zero class. Absolutely none.
Understand your stance!!! But who said Red Bull or anyone else has to be classy? I want my teams to be ruthless & brutal!!! But that's me because it rings true to my sporting life & careers...Be kind until it's time not to be...Then get f'ing UGLY...Some have never had to live with that mindset...And to them I say you are truly blessed.
__________________
Appreciate 3
M5Rick29048.00
243Racing1438.50
      07-29-2021, 12:12 PM   #1216
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
40498
Rep
19,429
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Apparently it's a popular name call by students here on ones lacking intelligence
Well...Charlie vs MAX in the Copse turn followed by HAM's reaction !

__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE F1 WORLD CHAMPION - THE NUMBER 1

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick29048.00
      07-29-2021, 12:22 PM   #1217
Killed by Death
Colonel
Killed by Death's Avatar
Ukraine
5764
Rep
2,089
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Well...Charlie vs MAX in the Copse turn followed by HAM's reaction !

LEC washed out because his Ferrari is a POS
__________________
Appreciate 2
M5Rick29048.00
      07-29-2021, 12:32 PM   #1218
tdott
Brigadier General
3327
Rep
3,528
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South FL / 6ix

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Well...Charlie vs MAX in the Copse turn followed by HAM's reaction !

Non-sense, the rules state when a car is significantly alongside which the video proves is true. They are entitled to be there on the track as any driver is and has to be left room.

A car can choose to squeeze the other driver off the track like Max often does, but he has to leave room. Either way the argument that one car needs to only be on a certain part of the track or they are at fault is non-sense.

There is no rule that you have to be as far right or as far left as you can, nor does it say you need to hit the apex.
Appreciate 2
minn1911873.50
racerbruce3486.50
      07-29-2021, 01:03 PM   #1219
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
40498
Rep
19,429
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Non-sense, the rules state when a car is significantly alongside which the video proves is true. They are entitled to be there on the track as any driver is and has to be left room.

A car can choose to squeeze the other driver off the track like Max often does, but he has to leave room. Either way the argument that one car needs to only be on a certain part of the track or they are at fault is non-sense.

There is no rule that you have to be as far right or as far left as you can, nor does it say you need to hit the apex.
Negative regarding Non-sense !

The video shows the reaction difference in the Copse turn from HAM .

1• The situation Charlie : HAM ran on the inside "OVER THE CURBS" in the Copse turn to let Charlie by

2• The situation MAX : HAM pulled in MAX's right rear wheel .
This situation was a provocation and an action that was clearly premeditated to sent MAX off track followed by a 51 G crash in the wall .

• The difference in leaving space from 1 & 2 was the width of at least 2 cars !
That's what the video is all about ...
Period .
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE F1 WORLD CHAMPION - THE NUMBER 1

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick29048.00
      07-29-2021, 01:18 PM   #1220
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
Ukraine
29048
Rep
12,104
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Negative regarding Non-sense !

The video shows the reaction difference in the Copse turn from HAM .

1• The situation Charlie : HAM ran on the inside "OVER THE CURBS" in the Copse turn to let Charlie by

2• The situation MAX : HAM pulled in MAX's right rear wheel .
This situation was a provocation and an action that was clearly premeditated to sent MAX off track followed by a 51 G crash in the wall .

• The difference in leaving space from 1 & 2 was the width of at least 2 cars !
That's what the video is all about ...
Period .
FIA have special dark Merc shades to judge Max (where am I, I can't see) and much lighter tint ones where hammy is concerned in other words it's a fffffffffi..
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2021, 01:18 PM   #1221
SteveChester
Brigadier General
SteveChester's Avatar
United Kingdom
2118
Rep
4,364
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chester

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Appeal rejected by FIA

Let the games begin!
__________________
Steve Roberts UK
F82 M4
I'm running the 2022 London Marathon for the British Forces Foundation - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/sr77
Appreciate 5
minn1911873.50
rwheels6283.00
MKSixer32351.50
Steeler1767.00
racerbruce3486.50
      07-29-2021, 01:32 PM   #1222
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
11874
Rep
9,259
Posts

Drives: 20 Taco, 22 ZL1, 20 Cayenne S
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
Appeal rejected by FIA

Let the games begin!
To almost no one's surprise except a couple here.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer32351.50
Steeler1767.00
racerbruce3486.50
Bongoxxx701.50
      07-29-2021, 01:34 PM   #1223
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32352
Rep
11,626
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 243Racing View Post
1. (Mong)- Slang for spastic, but used against a person who says or does something completely idiotic by accident or without realisation.

Is there some other definition or usage of the word that's offensive? It sounds like a pretty straightforward (and perhaps accurate) insult
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
+1 and a cheap way of trying to stain Max after what he suffered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 243Racing View Post
It's a pretty clever and cutting insult, I hope it doesn't have any truly awful connotations because I'm about to start using it in iRacing.
You guys are so sad.

mongoloid ( adj.) characteristic of or resembling a Mongol; the mongoloid epicanthic fold. mongoloid ( adj.) (offensive) of or relating to or suffering from Down syndrome; 2. mongoloid ( n.) a person suffering from Down syndrome (no longer used technically in this sense, now considered offensive);

Historical note.

"...During the first half of the twentieth century in the United States, the majority of children with Down syndrome were placed in institutions – frequently soon after birth. This resulted in great human sacrifice for those individuals and for their families, who were convinced, often by members of the medical community, that the child was less than human and that their needs would be so great, their families would not be able to raise them. These children were “warehoused” in large state institutions – often in deplorable conditions – locked away so that the rest of society could not see the horror of their lives."
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 4
      07-29-2021, 01:36 PM   #1224
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32352
Rep
11,626
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
A question for the supporters of Max and Red Bull:

What is is like to be so catastrophically wrong, so often and tie your hopes to a caustic and toxic organization?
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
racerbruce3486.50
      07-29-2021, 01:41 PM   #1225
243Racing
Banned
1439
Rep
1,374
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
You guys are so sad.

mongoloid ( adj.) characteristic of or resembling a Mongol; the mongoloid epicanthic fold. mongoloid ( adj.) (offensive) of or relating to or suffering from Down syndrome; 2. mongoloid ( n.) a person suffering from Down syndrome (no longer used technically in this sense, now considered offensive);

Historical note.

"...During the first half of the twentieth century in the United States, the majority of children with Down syndrome were placed in institutions – frequently soon after birth. This resulted in great human sacrifice for those individuals and for their families, who were convinced, often by members of the medical community, that the child was less than human and that their needs would be so great, their families would not be able to raise them. These children were “warehoused” in large state institutions – often in deplorable conditions – locked away so that the rest of society could not see the horror of their lives."
"So sad" that I quite literally asked for the information you've just provided? It's been over 10 years since I've heard the term "mongoloid" and I didn't make the connection .

I see your superiority complex is alive and well, as always. I am truly sad for you, that you may never see how truly insufferable you are.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick29048.00
      07-29-2021, 01:51 PM   #1226
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
40498
Rep
19,429
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
Appeal rejected by FIA

Let the WAR begin!
FTFY
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE F1 WORLD CHAMPION - THE NUMBER 1

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick29048.00
      07-29-2021, 01:57 PM   #1227
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32352
Rep
11,626
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 243Racing View Post
"So sad" that I quite literally asked for the information you've just provided? It's been over 10 years since I've heard the term "mongoloid" and I didn't make the connection .

I see your superiority complex is alive and well, as always. I am truly sad for you, that you may never see how truly insufferable you are.
It is literally at your fingertips and the fact that there was a dust-up of international proportions about this very issue says something. You are a racing fan and it was headline news. There was talk of international sanctions on Max as well as the team.

In my estimation, your lack of knowledge on this is willful ignorance and it's more disturbing given the fact that you were about to employ this slur in your game.

What you call insufferable, I call standards. This is how one lives in a civilization be it online or IRL.

Cheers-mk
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
      07-29-2021, 02:09 PM   #1228
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
MKSixer's Avatar
32352
Rep
11,626
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post

I don't disagree with this but I also think it is the nature of the business. F1 like any other top of the food chain sport is extremely competitive and cutthroat. All of them would do things they thought they'd never do to get or stay ahead. Some more than others obviously. This includes the drivers and members of each ones team.

TLDR, none of them have the moral high ground IMO, some much less than others though. I agree though, RB seems to be on the bottom of said hill.
I understand and appreciate what you are saying...especially the last sentence. There is winning at all cost and there is winning ethically. I prefer to support organizations that do the latter even though I realize there are circumstances where individuals do things that are without the knowledge of the org which has to suffer for the indiscretion.

I had to learn to be cutthroat in Corporate and I've only mellowed as I've gotten older. I have no issue with cutthroat competition. For almost 5 years in a telecommunication company my nickname was, "The Sledgehammer"...something I'm not too proud of now but perfectly reflected my stance on winning against my peers. Nothing unethical but always the extreme for longer or harder than my colleagues. Always fair but relentless.

This is basically how competition should be, IMHO. And the vanquished should be humble to recognize the value of the victors and recognize their achievement. Unfortunately, I don't see Red Bullying Racing as this type of organization.

Thanks...great post!!
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
minn1911873.50
racerbruce3486.50
      07-29-2021, 02:14 PM   #1229
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
40498
Rep
19,429
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
A question for the supporters of Max and Red Bull:

What is is like to be so catastrophically wrong, so often and tie your hopes to a caustic and toxic organization?
Can you tell me why ?


Why '50 Mercedes employees, mechanics , and the top Mercedes PU engineer Andy Cowell 'left the Wolff's Mercedes BlitzKrieg factory to work now in a caustic and toxic organization like Red Bull ?
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE F1 WORLD CHAMPION - THE NUMBER 1

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 07-29-2021 at 02:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
243Racing1438.50
M5Rick29048.00
      07-29-2021, 02:16 PM   #1230
243Racing
Banned
1439
Rep
1,374
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: KC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
It is literally at your fingertips and the fact that there was a dust-up of international proportions about this very issue says something. You are a racing fan and it was headline news. There was talk of international sanctions on Max as well as the team.

In my estimation, your lack of knowledge on this is willful ignorance and it's more disturbing given the fact that you were about to employ this slur in your game.

What you call insufferable, I call standards. This is how one lives in a civilization be it online or IRL.

Cheers-mk
I obviously didn't hear about it at the time. Jesus christ. What an arrogant cunt you are.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick29048.00
      07-29-2021, 02:18 PM   #1231
Ngilbe36
Captain
Ngilbe36's Avatar
United_States
1606
Rep
879
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 243Racing View Post
I obviously didn't hear about it at the time. Jesus christ. What an arrogant #### you are.
Chill dude.
__________________
- A McLaren fan who wants to see a good fight for the WDC and WCC
Appreciate 2
MKSixer32351.50
racerbruce3486.50
      07-29-2021, 02:21 PM   #1232
Killed by Death
Colonel
Killed by Death's Avatar
Ukraine
5764
Rep
2,089
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
LEC wheeling Ferrari 375 around Silverstone

__________________
Appreciate 2
M5Rick29048.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST