2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) Just bought 2012 528i today!

12-16-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
mpaasky
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 x5m50i, ‘22 992, ‘23 iX

Just bought 2012 528i today!

After a month of researching (mainly on this site) I finally bought my car today! I was gonna order it to get Sport, Tech, Premium, and a few other stuff, but ended up getting only the tech and premium packages (+ comfort access, heated seats, etc). Coming from 335i Sport, I thought the lack of sport seat and suspension would be a huge downgrade, but it turned out the handling was pretty decent! It was better than Lexus ES for example, and definitely remains poised in turns.

I am probably the only person on this forum who did not get sport package with their cars. Well, not only it saves me a lot of money, the dealer I was working with had no car with Sport package, so I took a great year end deal and sucked it up to drive a 17 inch wheel 528i.

I really like it! The stop and go feature is not as annoying as I thought it would be, and simply doesn't come on in stop and go traffic (smart). I love the new navigation and phone system, the ambiant light, the in-dash screen for navigation, the auto tailgate with foot motion detection, the powerful engine (yes! it's really more powerful than I thought it would be). I can't stress how much I love the exterior/interior look. I honestly think this is the best looking BMW today with more refined interior than A6 or E-Class (test drove both). In fact, the cup holder part of A6 is ugly and cheap. Every button/switch on an A6 feel flimsy and noisy/loud when I click. E class simply looks weird to me...I don't like the knob and telephone keypad. I love the simple/minimalistic layout of BMW.

What I don't particular like about the car:
1. Where do I store my key? Loose changes? Phone? I feel there isn't enough room in the car to store things.
2. The non-sport steering wheel looks really ugly, like it came from the 90s.
3. The ugly non-sport tires. (Well, I did save 3,600 dollars so I can't complain)
4. The non-functional "Office" feature since I have iPhone
5. the mandatory BMW App feature that doesn't work because you have to pay $250 to buy the iPhone cradle, AND they are out of stocks. WTF? Why would the dealer stock every single car w BMW Apps option, but not having the cradle in stock?
6. The lack of trunk space. Somehow I feel it's narrower than I expect from such a big car.
7. The door doesn't shut completely easily. I have to make sure I shut it hard enough otherwise it won't completely close. Weird...

Anyway, besides really tiny gripes, I really love this car and my decision to lease it!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 01:36 AM   #2
mpaasky
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 x5m50i, ‘22 992, ‘23 iX

MSRP 54k
Selling Price 48K
12k miles
36 mo lease
0.00195 MF
$0 down (cap reduction)
$13,000 drive off (first month payment + fees)
bunch rebates and incentive
$717/month (including tax)
Also, I was able to negotiate $1750 more on my trade-in after pointing out they only have 15 days left to beat MB in sales volume this year.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Congrats!

how did you get 6k off the MSRP?? on a '12? that is nuts!

enjoy in good health.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpaasky View Post
After a month of researching (mainly on this site) I finally bought my car today! I was gonna order it to get Sport, Tech, Premium, and a few other stuff, but ended up getting only the tech and premium packages (+ comfort access, heated seats, etc). Coming from 335i Sport, I thought the lack of sport seat and suspension would be a huge downgrade, but it turned out the handling was pretty decent! It was better than Lexus ES for example, and definitely remains poised in turns.

I am probably the only person on this forum who did not get sport package with their cars. Well, not only it saves me a lot of money, the dealer I was working with had no car with Sport package, so I took a great year end deal and sucked it up to drive a 17 inch wheel 528i.

I really like it! The stop and go feature is not as annoying as I thought it would be, and simply doesn't come on in stop and go traffic (smart). I love the new navigation and phone system, the ambiant light, the in-dash screen for navigation, the auto tailgate with foot motion detection, the powerful engine (yes! it's really more powerful than I thought it would be). I can't stress how much I love the exterior/interior look. I honestly think this is the best looking BMW today with more refined interior than A6 or E-Class (test drove both). In fact, the cup holder part of A6 is ugly and cheap. Every button/switch on an A6 feel flimsy and noisy/loud when I click. E class simply looks weird to me...I don't like the knob and telephone keypad. I love the simple/minimalistic layout of BMW.

What I don't particular like about the car:
1. Where do I store my key? Loose changes? Phone? I feel there isn't enough room in the car to store things.
2. The non-sport steering wheel looks really ugly, like it came from the 90s.
3. The ugly non-sport tires. (Well, I did save 3,600 dollars so I can't complain)
4. The non-functional "Office" feature since I have iPhone
5. the mandatory BMW App feature that doesn't work because you have to pay $250 to buy the iPhone cradle, AND they are out of stocks. WTF? Why would the dealer stock every single car w BMW Apps option, but not having the cradle in stock?
6. The lack of trunk space. Somehow I feel it's narrower than I expect from such a big car.
7. The door doesn't shut completely easily. I have to make sure I shut it hard enough otherwise it won't completely close. Weird...

Anyway, besides really tiny gripes, I really love this car and my decision to lease it!
1. There is a space in the cup holder specifically for the key? But I usually just put mine in the arm rest console.

5. My dealer had them in stock, didn't realize there was a shortage. Are you sure thats not just your dealer? Though I paid way too much. It was like 280 something with tax and forget about it if you have an iPhone 4S.

6. Serious? Coming from a 330i myself I was shocked how deep it was.

7. Agree - I wish I could have got the soft close door option but it was removed from the 528 in 2012.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 04:37 AM   #5
mvangel
Registered
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: F11 525xd touring

Garage List
Quote:
this would be a standard issue with any premium car: the car is so well isolated that when you close the door, there would be no gaps for the trapped by the door moving air to leave the car, so the compressed air would act like a spring not allowing soft closure.

Try closing the door when you have any of the windows opened: there would be no problem.

This does raise the need for soft closing thought: on my touring the trunk door does soft close as standard feature
Appreciate 0