2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions Bmw lci Front heated seat retrofit

05-29-2021, 06:34 PM   #1
dkaltanas@yahoo.co.uk
Dovydas112
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d

Bmw lci Front heated seat retrofit

Ive been following a tutorial I have found on YouTube how to retrofit heated seats and I seem to be having trouble, wonder if anyone has retrofitted f10 heated seats.

All wires have been ran and coded but seats dont seem to heat up! Also the LIN wire seems to be giving me a constant same volt reading regardless if seat heating is on or not. Unless its not jbe pin 9 as it says

Any help is appreciated. Struggling to find much online regarding f10 heated seat retrofit…

Also on the seat underside would i be able to tell if the seat is heated or not? Should the f10 seats have extra module for heating?

Purchased them used as heated semi electric m sport seats.

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 07:43 PM   #2
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

The LIN bus can only be monitored using an O-scope. If you are using a scope, unless you know what you are looking for, it won't help.

A couple of questions:

1. Do you know that your seats have heating elements?
2. What seat module do you have under the seat?
3. What JBE do you have?
4. Where did you get your IHKA controller from?

Note, that if are trying to use the JBE and seat modules that came from the factory AND your car did NOT come with heated seats, your ECU's need to be upgraded to the P/N's listed in REALOEM for your vehicle that supports heated seats.

Despite what people assume and state on the forum, the factory ECU's do not have all the electronics populated on the circuit card within the module (on purpose)....but if you upgraded your seats and it came with modules, do you know that they are heated?

BTW, the video skipped stating that you should also use ESYS to update the NBT as well so you can adjust heat settings on the cushion and separately on the seat back...but to be clear, this is not your issue....
Appreciate 0